+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inordinate delay in Police clearance through VFS Canada - Seeking guidance

thesysthink

Jan 7, 2011
Hi.

In Short: VFS Canada has screwed up my Police Clearance Certificate. My Employment is affected due to this..

I am in Canada on a Closed Work Permit. I work for a US based hi-tech/consulting organization (but physically based out of Toronto). My Employer needed Police Verification from my country of residence (India) for processing of PR. In my offer letter this is very clearly mentioned that my employment is subject to acquiring the Canadian PR. I score 85+ out of 100 points and Police Clearance is the only aspect which is stuck, for no apparent reasons.

I have submitted Application for this to VFS Canada with duly filled-in forms + Photos & Payment. As per their published Service Level Agreement, up to 6 weeks’ is required to obtain this. Against this, already 19+ weeks have passed (still counting). I have been following up without a firm response. VFS Canada customer service, although courteous and nice, is actually useless. I have been receiving same canned response that “As per the system/ records, your application is with Embassy and no definite time period can be provided”.

Interestingly, my spouse had submitted the application with me – she had stayed in the same location where I was staying. Her clearance has already come 2 months back! After first 6 weeks they took my ‘Supplementary forms’ with additional photographs, which I had submitted. After this, 12 more weeks have passed..

Finally I’ve tried coordinating with my Regional Passport Office, and drove the actual address verification through help from Family in India. As per my local Police station, the checks and clearances have been done and sent to Indian embassy (Toronto) 2 weeks back.

I need your kind inputs if anyone else is facing this issue? Or, what remedies do I have? This has become serious as my employability is affected.

Among other things, my Banking/ financial matters are stuck. I cannot apply for line of Credit .. Cannot shift my residence or move out of Canada because they have kept my Passport, and I do not have any other Acceptable Govt. issued photo ID.

In terms of Feedback service level of VFS is pathetic - customer service is polite but hollow. With my experience, this is some form of clandestine conglomerate with Govt's of the world, and as you know for all reasons you cannot avoid official paper work! It has been a nightmare ...

BTW, I have tried doing everyone I could – Indian Embassy/ Consulate, VFS – through call centers and emails. VFS guys have stopped responding to my emails, and Indian Embassy never bothered to pick up the phone or answer to my emails.

I shall be thankful for any help pointers. Also, is it absolutely necessary to obtain Police clearance for PR, or there are alternatives to this?

Kind Regards and thanks for reading,
Roy.

yahoo1239

Dec 16, 2011
Hi
Same this is happening with me also. Applied for PCC last month and still waiting. My friend got his in 6 days. My medicals will be a year this december and I thought I would become PR by then. But CIC asked for Pcc again and now I am struck. I also got my H1b approved and would have to go to the US consulate for visa- but the passport is also with them. I don't know what to do. Feel dejected.
Vishnu

thesysthink

Jan 7, 2011
I have received a personal query from someone, but due to a technical error unable to respond.
Update: I have not yet received PCC..

gaurav18

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Med's Done....
3-12-2013
sorry to hear this and im afraid im going thru the same..its been 4 weeks and no reply from embassy or vfs. applied from toronto office. This is so typical Indian red tape.

Im so tired of looking at the status ...hopeless..

g

yadav009

Nov 9, 2012
Guys,
Any update ?I'm going through the same.I have renewed my passport with Toronto Indian high commission in Canada but still i haven't received my PCC after 5 weeks.

yahoo1239

Dec 16, 2011
Hi
Do any of you know how to contact Indian consulate to expedite the PCC process. CIC has asked me to submit the PCC in 60 days. I don'tknow what to do. I'm struck.
Any one in same situation

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Did you got your PCC from VFS? if yes, please let me know how long it took to get the pcc done.

yahoo1239 said:
Hi
Do any of you know how to contact Indian consulate to expedite the PCC process. CIC has asked me to submit the PCC in 60 days. I don'tknow what to do. I'm struck.
Any one in same situation

paraj

Jan 7, 2013
It has been 10+ weeks, since submitting the PCC application at the Toronto VFS Office. Still haven't heard anything from them. Couple of weeks back they asked for the Reference Forms. Not sure why they don't take these forms at submission time..

paraj

Jan 7, 2013
Does anyone know if we can apply for PCC at the Ottawa office, even if residing in Toronto.

mitla

Feb 13, 2013
Hi,

I have the same problem. I applied with my common-law. She received it within 2 months. I waited for 4 months then they asked for supplementary forms + photos. I submitted those two months ago and still haven't heard from them.

VFS is purely trash. No one picks up the phone at the Indian High Toronto. They have listed 4-5 phone numbers on their website. This lazy bastards don't bother to pick up the phone, no matter what time of the day you call them. This trashy people don't understand that they do not live in India hence they cannot get bribed - so what do they in turn - get lazy and just sit. They should all be sacked and more capable people should replace these morons.

PS. Let me know updates whether you already received your police clearance and how you went about it.

Thanks

paraj

Jan 7, 2013
I applied in the first week of November & still haven't received it. I submitted the 3 additional forms in the 3rd week of December & still haven't heard anything.