App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
My question is: if they have so many applications to process, and we see other applicants from November being processed in other hubs already getting landing letters, why don't they transfer those delayed applications to those hubs?! That would make it so easier and faster.
I wish it was that logical lol. I have ordered my GCMS notes tonight, I’ll see what it says in a month or so when I receive them.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I think that’s the logic that explains why ours were originally transferred... but clearly they sent too many to Mtl. If they sent ours on to yet another hub, there’d be the however-long delay from the transfer, and then our applications might end up at the bottom of the pile at the new office, below everything submitted in the meantime, while Mtl processed new incoming applications with lightning speed...
My question is: if they have so many applications to process, and we see other applicants from November being processed in other hubs already getting landing letters, why don't they transfer those delayed applications to those hubs?! That would make it so easier and faster.

Reactions: jojo2969

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
June and August applicants didn't have their background check started right after medical request like the applicants from other months. So no matter what processing centre they send us to, ours will always take longer because that. Everyone else who applied after August is processed in Mississauga (where we all originally mailed our applications) and I don't believe they would ever send it back there as that would delay the entire process for all incoming applications, so they won't do that.
It does seem like they are diverting applications from Montreal to the applicants nearest local office (the same place you are expected to have your landing interview). So at least we might not have to wait in Montreals backlog.
However we are still very much delayed and it's unfortunate that they're not doing more to minimize that (or at least own up to it).

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
June and August applicants didn't have their background check started right after medical request like the applicants from other months. So no matter what processing centre they send us to, ours will always take longer because that. Everyone else who applied after August is processed in Mississauga (where we all originally mailed our applications) and I don't believe they would ever send it back there as that would delay the entire process for all incoming applications, so they won't do that.
It does seem like they are diverting applications from Montreal to the applicants nearest local office (the same place you are expected to have your landing interview). So at least we might not have to wait in Montreals backlog.
However we are still very much delayed and it's unfortunate that they're not doing more to minimize that (or at least own up to it).
Yeah it’s hard to see people who applied in 2019 getting their PR already. Although I’m happy for them it’s still a little painful, especially when I read things like « finally the wait is over » with a timeline applied January 2019 lol.

Our patience is being tested left right and center but I feel for those who applied in April and may 2018 and still waiting!

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Has anyone ordered and received their GCMS notes? I have ordered mine last week and should receive them in 30 days or so, curious to see where the hold up is in the process and the Montreal office.

It’s been radio silence since March 11 and the SA, although it did say in the letter that another letter would follow with the AIP but never received anything since then.

Stuck at eligibility check, bgc not started.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Has anyone ordered and received their GCMS notes? I have ordered mine last week and should receive them in 30 days or so, curious to see where the hold up is in the process and the Montreal office.

It’s been radio silence since March 11 and the SA, although it did say in the letter that another letter would follow with the AIP but never received anything since then.

Stuck at eligibility check, bgc not started.
Yeah same! It's torture right now!
There was somebody from the August thread who had ordered notes a little while after SA and they said that there was nothing useful there. So I dont think there will be any notes on your eligibility until the next time they pick up our file which will be when we see that the BGC has started. So you might want to order notes again when that starts.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that they're prioritizing our files at all. Thats the problem, no one is touching our files. And our BGC hasn't even started yet so now we have to wait however long until they start and God knows how long until they're done. That's the hold up, along with the fact that Montreal was just so slow even with processing SA approvals.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
My notes are still on order... but I just spoke to a nice agent who told me my file has left Montreal! And that they still haven’t started BGC but that “it looks like they will start it soon”. Not sure what that means exactly but maybe they are finally sending files from Montreal to local offices for inland applicants? Let’s hope it’s true!

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
My notes are still on order... but I just spoke to a nice agent who told me my file has left Montreal! And that they still haven’t started BGC but that “it looks like they will start it soon”. Not sure what that means exactly but maybe they are finally sending files from Montreal to local offices for inland applicants? Let’s hope it’s true!
This is some encouraging news! I hope it’s true as well, I am going to attempt a call tomorrow and hope to get lucky with a nice agent as well! Will keep you guys posted!

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
I tried to call but I can’t get to an agent as the volume of call is too high it hangs up on me. However, I noticed that something changed on my GCKEY it says “we are processing your background check”!

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Looks like applications are moving along, mine started the background check yesterday and AIP today! The letter came from the Hamilton ON office!!! Any movement for you?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Looks like applications are moving along, mine started the background check yesterday and AIP today! The letter came from the Hamilton ON office!!! Any movement for you?
Congrats!!
So far nothing on my end yet.. but I'm probably waiting on the etobicoke office which is busier

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019

First of all, congratulations
Your local office was Hamilton? Never heard of hamilton office before

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
First of all, congratulations
Your local office was Hamilton? Never heard of hamilton office before
Thank you!!

We live in Oakville ON and Hamilton May be closer than etobicoke for me.

Reactions: Shalinis0316

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
CONGRATULATIONS!

no updates for mine yet via email or ecas, and GCKey seems to be down right now? I hope it’s down because lots of people are all getting simultaneous good news and the servers have overloaded :D
My gckey is working right now so not sure. Did you have any update on your bgc? Still not started?