Inland Vs Outland

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
We are getting married in Dec '09 and I want to sponsor her after our wedding. Considering my finacee has a visitor visa, should we do an outland application using New Delhi office or an inland application after she arrives in Canada on TRV after our wedding?

Which route is rercommended?

Thanks,
A.

rollinsc

Aug 16, 2009
I am pretty sure that all applications must first go to the Mississauga office in Ontario.

Also it depends how long you want to wait for her PR visa... it apparently the process is longer if you apply IN Canada than if you apply outside Canada... here look at the pros and cons on this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-faq12.asp

Also you have to consider how long she will have her temporary visa for? She will have to apply for an extension most likely and sometimes you don´t get approved for that. Also if it does take a long time, and she is only on a tourist visa, she wouldn't be able to work until she gets her PR. It may make things difficult if you were to do the IN Canada application. (Immigrations likes to discourage it as well).

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, Thanks Rollinsc!

Also, will there be complications if we were to do an outland application and while the application is being processed she enters Canada on a TRV. I mean, will they flag the PR application (outland) if she enters Canada on TRV while the application is still being processed ? Of course, for the final stamping of immigrant visa she will have to travel back to India.

Thanks,
A.

rollinsc said:
I am pretty sure that all applications must first go to the Mississauga office in Ontario.

Also it depends how long you want to wait for her PR visa... it apparently the process is longer if you apply IN Canada than if you apply outside Canada... here look at the pros and cons on this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-faq12.asp

Also you have to consider how long she will have her temporary visa for? She will have to apply for an extension most likely and sometimes you don´t get approved for that. Also if it does take a long time, and she is only on a tourist visa, she wouldn't be able to work until she gets her PR. It may make things difficult if you were to do the IN Canada application. (Immigrations likes to discourage it as well).

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Technically, she wouldn't have to travel back there, only her passport needs to go there. But New Delhi doesn't send passports outside of India, so yeah, I guess she'd have to go there.
No, there shouldn't be any complications. And definitely do the outland route, you'll be done MUCH faster.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollinsc said:
Inland applications go to CPC Vegreville.