+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Vs Outland Sponsorship.

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
hey guys, after thoroughly going through this forum and getting more knowledge about immigration I still have a few things i'm not sure about the spousal sponsorship process. To begin, my girlfriend will be coming back to Canada to visit in January for 5 months. She is from a visa exempt country (if that means anything). I plan to engage her as soon as she's back and then we plan to get married somewhere in February or March the latest. After that I plan on going to her country for about a week to meet her family and friends, then once i'm back she will come back and then we will start the sponsorship process. As i'm aware, the outland sponsorship gives us the right to appeal, whereas the inland does not but gives us the opportunity to get a work permit.
Question 1: If we were to choose the inland route and apply for a OWP and say her status is soon to expire and we apply for a extension on her stay before it does, what would happen if she does not get the extension and the application is still in process without her getting the work permit and implied status? Does that mean we must cancel it and she will have to leave Canada?
Question 2: both the inland and outland route both require proof of the genuiness of the relationship, but the inland also requires proof of cohabitation. I currently live with my mom in a apartment, both her name and mine is on the rental agreement, could I also put my spouse on it even though she would not be paying rent, or could a simple letter from my mom stating we are both currently living with her be enough? I may be able to get my spouse on a joint bank account with me, under my work benefits and life insurance but how could we provide other proof like cell phone bills, mails and utility bills? Are there companies that give out plans to people who aren't residents of Canada? How can we provide mails to show of address if she has no family or friends or no reason to receive mails in the first place?
Question 3: as stated above for the cohabitation, i've read somewhere it must be 1 year of cohabitation. What if we only have a few months proof of all the above mentioned?
Lastly i'd like to know what you guys recommend, which is faster and easier the inland or outland? I wouldn't want to choose outland as that would mean she would have to be coming back and forth and may run into trouble with immigration, whereas she could just stay here and wait until the application is processed.
Thanks for your time.