Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
09/01/2017
Med's Done....
25-11-16
Could somebody please clear this up.

I am living in Canada with my girlfriend and I heard that I can apply either Inland or Outland. Here is says outland sponsorship is when the Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident applies to sponsor a spouse who is not currently residing in Canada.

Please help.

Thanks

OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP:

Outland sponsorship is when the Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident applies to sponsor a spouse who is not currently residing in Canada. Given the fact that Canada’s immigration system strongly supports family reunification, the upside of outland sponsorship is that it is processed faster when compared to inland sponsorship. The downside of outland sponsorship is that living in Canada together will most likely be difficult or impossible until a positive decision is made on your case by the visa officer.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
DeanoC91 said:

I am living in Canada with my girlfriend and I heard that I can apply either Inland or Outland. Here is says outland sponsorship is when the Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident applies to sponsor a spouse who is not currently residing in Canada.

Please help.

Thanks

OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP:

Outland sponsorship is when the Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident applies to sponsor a spouse who is not currently residing in Canada. Given the fact that Canada’s immigration system strongly supports family reunification, the upside of outland sponsorship is that it is processed faster when compared to inland sponsorship. The downside of outland sponsorship is that living in Canada together will most likely be difficult or impossible until a positive decision is made on your case by the visa officer.
NOT TRUE!!!

I'm in Canada now, "visiting" my wife. We applied Outland from inside Canada.

Outland only refers to where the PR application is processed. You can apply Outland, and be in Canada.

M

mikeymyke

DeanoC91 said:
The downside of outland sponsorship is that living in Canada together will most likely be difficult or impossible until a positive decision is made on your case by the visa officer.
That's not true at all. They can always come as a visitor and live with you until the visa expires, and even then you could extend it.

Inland is a horrific choice for a large majority of applicants.

It's true that outland is for people not residing in Canada, but when you come here as a visitor, you're not really residing here, you're just visiting.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeanoC91 said:

Please help.

Thanks

OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.
This certainly seems to indicate that you must be outside Canada to submit an Outland application, right?!

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

Oh...but what's this:
The person being sponsored can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted online.

Well...is that really crystal clear for some applicants; that they can apply Outland while being In Canada?!