+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland vs Outland:crossing

sunshine8586

Sep 28, 2019
Ok so after doing much reading and research i am now freaked out we were advised poorly by my new employer in Canada
Background - I’m Canadian. On a work sponsored green card. Husband is American. We have a 1 yrs old whose citizenship certificate for Canada is pending

I got a job in Quebec City and we are moving September 7th. We were told to do the inland application so my husband could work sooner. Our most important goal is to not be separated as neither of us want to not see our kid for days, weeks at a time.

now I am worried they won’t let my husband in at crossing? We plan to
- me driving a car I’m importing that’s under my name only. i will be declaring moving back and I have a UPACK under my name only following. We will be staying at a air bnb for 3 months so the UPACK will store our stuff - I’m not sure in which country
- my husband was going to drive behind me with a car under his name we do not plan to import and plan to sell in the USA .
What does he say?
Who drives the baby in?
If he starts the inland application can he come back to the USA or would be come return the car before we apply and fly in as a visitor again?
Do I need to scramble and start a Outland PR application NOW so they let him in when we move?