+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland- Travel

Chassiel

Jan 19, 2020
My husband is from the UK and I'm from Canada. We're trying to apply via the Inland option, and go for the OWP.
However, my husband's parents are aging, and he had a trip booked to see them for a month over Christmas. Has anyone else travelled while doing an inland sponsorship? I understand there are risks, but it would be helpful to hear some first hand experience. He's worried of the prospect of not being able to see them over a year, and they are not able to travel here.
Any related experiences?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are Canadian, why don't you stay with him in UK and outland sponsorship him while you are there? That way he don't have to worry the prospect and can be there with them until he got his landing visa.

You could have started this last year before covid became a pandemic.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband is from the UK and I'm from Canada. We're trying to apply via the Inland option, and go for the OWP.
However, my husband's parents are aging, and he had a trip booked to see them for a month over Christmas. Has anyone else travelled while doing an inland sponsorship? I understand there are risks, but it would be helpful to hear some first hand experience. He's worried of the prospect of not being able to see them over a year, and they are not able to travel here.
Any related experiences?
Would stick to a 2-3 week visit.

FrankMathis

Jun 26, 2020
I understand that the situation is not quite standard. We tried to apply for a countermovement for our parents, but were also rejected. Then my husband booked https://www.freetour.com/manchester/free-manchester-walking-tour to go to my parents under the guise of tourists. My mum and dad were very worried, because tourist visas practically deprive them of the right to travel independently to cities within the country. In the end my parents took this tour too and we spent time together. I don't think there will be any restrictions for tourists. The main thing is to find an opportunity to leave