+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Timeline..

soldier123

May 6, 2009
Hey jdwhite21,

If your file was received on May, you're fine now. Even they showing on CiC website that they are
processing files up to February, they are now in mid-March.

Take care.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Hey soldier123,

how is your application? mine was sent to local office with no 1st stage approval. they said i have too many application and it will take 12 months again to process my file.

J

jdwhite21

soldier123:

Why is the website behind than? (ie. says Feb. but really mid March) and will they tell us when they have begun processing? Also, is there any way my husband can work, I'm on maternity leave right now and this waiting is driving us insane and we really need him to work...

Regards,

soldier123

May 6, 2009
rich_m0nd said:
Hey soldier123,

how is your application? mine was sent to local office with no 1st stage approval. they said i have too many application and it will take 12 months again to process my file.
Hey rich_m0nd, I've been approved today. I am soooo happy. hey,12 months passes quickly, you're lucky to get 12 months..
think on the people that is on scarborough or etibocoke.. their timeline is 3 years...Also I've heard that will be some changes
in Local Office processing times, they are working in a plan to reduce these timelines soon.
Did you notice that they are changing some rules in immigration? some timelines decreased a lot ..So stay positive, you will receive something before that. stay strong my friend, always keep this in mind: it is a long road but surely it is for success.

jdwhite21 said:
soldier123:

Why is the website behind than? (ie. says Feb. but really mid March) and will they tell us when they have begun processing? Also, is there any way my husband can work, I'm on maternity leave right now and this waiting is driving us insane and we really need him to work...

Regards,
Hi jdwhite21 ,I am trying to figure this out since I sent my files and until now I really don't know how they calculate these timelines,the only thing that I am sure about that is definitely not accurate. I'm on other forums too, and some of them, people post their AIP timeline, that's how I am know exactly what they are processing now.
They won't tell you anything until they decide your case. I understand you completely, this waiting make us crazy...
uncountless nights without sleeping...We also had a bad financial time that I almost accepted a under the table job
but I thought " I did everything right..my file is 100% honest.. I've never in my life committed a crime..why Am I
going to do that now? Be at risk to be deported? just throw away all my plans and future with the one that I love?"
So I persevered.. and waited. Everything that comes easily goes easily... So stay strong. Did you submit his OWP with the files? The timeline this year is going faster, you should receive something in October.

J

jdwhite21

Soldier123:

Thank you soo much for your reply. We did send his Open Work Permit w/ his application, we wanted to make sure that he could work as soon as possible. I will stay strong and I look forward to hopefully hearing something in October.

Thanks again =)

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
soldier 123,

congratulations. i'm happy for you. how lond did it take for you to get approve? i'm not worried about the waiting time. i'm worried about the situation i'm in with my wife. we're not living together because of some disagreement with the mother in law and she can't move out cause the mother in law doesn't work and being the good daughter that she is then she'll be providing for her god knows how long. so i'm stuck with this situation and i don't know if this will hinder our application. plus in the next 12 months i don't know if i wanna be in this kind of situation, it's either move forward or move on.

J

jdwhite21

Soldier 123:
Okay so now the website says up to April 7, so what do you think the timeline really is?
Thanks

conurus

Nov 18, 2009
Will CIC send a simple letter stating that "we have received your application"? I submitted at the beginning of October, haven't heard anything back yet.

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
We never received a letter so called the 1 (800) number because we couldn't get any information to come up on the website after a few months...we were given an ID number and can check it now.

Called a few months later and was told there won't be anything updated until it reaches month 6 or 7 as per timeline on the website. So far it states the dates when they received the application and started processing application. Nothing saying they received medicals.

Tick tock...the wait continues...stay strong =)

J

jdwhite21

Does anyone know why there would be delays in the application process? Our application was sent to the office in Edmonton b/c Vegreville couldn't reach a decision and now we have to wait another 18-24 months for the first stage approval...

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdwhite21 said:
Does anyone know why there would be delays in the application process?
In most cases this happens because they are unsure of the relationship being legitimate but could also happen because they are questions about the sponsor being acceptable. I remember one couple on here who had this happen because immigration believed they had been on social assistance which they apparently hadn't.

You can send for your CAIPS notes if you want to know what they've been writing about you in their computer system and that should give you an idea of why you were not given first stage approval by Vegreville and give you time to prepare your case before your interview in Edmonton.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I was corrected on the CAIPS note in my answer to the same question on another thread. It's actually not CAIPS notes you need for inland, it's FOSS notes.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is some info about that here: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes