+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

InLand study permit application

Nana20222

Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied for study permit from inside Canada recently? What was your timeline please? Initial and not extension please

Last edited:

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I asked because I read somewhere that apparently, there is a limitation imposed not too long ago that regulates cases where spouses of students want to enroll at a study program to extend their stay in Canada. Maybe someone with knowledge on the matter can help you further...

Nana20222

Jun 13, 2022
I asked because I read somewhere that apparently, there is a limitation imposed not too long ago that regulates cases where spouses of students want to enroll at a study program to extend their stay in Canada. Maybe someone with knowledge on the matter can help you further...
Oh, interesting. I haven’t heard of that. Do you have a link?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh, interesting. I haven’t heard of that. Do you have a link?
You can apply for a study permit. Your spouse will not be eligible for a SOWP based on your study permit, as your spouse is the principal foreign national. But you may not be considering this anyways.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html

Reactions: scylla

Nana20222

Jun 13, 2022
You can apply for a study permit. Your spouse will not be eligible for a SOWP based on your study permit, as your spouse is the principal foreign national. But you may not be considering this anyways.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html
Thanks so much for the clarification! My spouse isn’t looking to apply for SOWP so we are good.

Salatin

Nov 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied for study permit from inside Canada recently? What was your timeline please? Initial and not extension please
Applied on Oct 6th,
Inside Canada from WP,
No updates yet.
Eligibility review not started yet.
What's yours?

Nana20222

Jun 13, 2022