+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship - YES, you can leave and re-enter Canada

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

This question has been raised many times. Can the principal applicant leave and re-enter while their PR application is in progress? The answer is yes.
As long as the applicant has a valid Work Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa (or ETA if applicable), then they will have no issues. I know this because I tried it and there were no issues, no questions asked.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

This question has been raised many times. Can the principal applicant leave and re-enter while their PR application is in progress? The answer is yes.
As long as the applicant has a valid Work Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa (or ETA if applicable), then they will have no issues. I know this because I tried it and there were no issues, no questions asked.
The answer is probably. Entry of foreign nationals to Canada is never guaranteed, regardless of what permit a person holds. The risk of being refused entry is quite small but never zero. It has happened before.

Reactions: YVR123

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
That's a given... it even states that in the documents that you get issued. In fact even if you have a valid PR, you may be inadmissible for certain reasons. But people (including myself) always wanted to know whether you can/should leave Canada while your PR application is in progress. While everyone needs to understand that there is a risk, there's also a great probability that you won't have any issues!