+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship Québec 2022 - 2023

MrsYounes

Sep 14, 2023
Hi there,

I have two questions but first a little bit of context

I submitted my application on October 20th, 2022 and everything was going pretty fast in the beginning I received my AOR in less than a month (November 10th, 2022. ) then I received the request for the CSQ which I submitted by December 12th and from then complete silence, I thought that maybe because I already did everything Medical exams and all so I just had to wait for the decision.
Biometrics, Medical exam and Eligibility and Completed since March 2023 according to Ircc-tracker and Background check is In progress.
On July 18, 2023 I did a GCMS request to know if something was going on since I didn’t receive a communication since Novembre 2022 and 10 days later on July 28 I received my AIP followed by the GCMS notes on August 2nd, the last note recorded on the GCMS was from January 12, 2023 confirming the reception of the CSQ.

- my first question is: is it okay for me to apply for a OWP even though there was already one submitted with my PR application or is it gonna be a problem if I have 2 OWP application at the same time ?

- my second question is : is it normal that the Spouse Sponsorship application is stuck on Background check ( referring to the tracker status) for 6months ? Or is there something I can do to get it moving again?

thanks for you time ^_^
Good luck to everyone waiting as well
From which country did you apply ?

morgan98

Aug 14, 2023
I applied for INLAND sponsorship in Quebec on December 2022. I got AOR, work permit, AIP all super fast but the background check has been stuck in "In progress" since March 2023. I recently requested my GCM notes and it says that my criminality and security haven't even started. I also think everything is on hold due to the QUOTAS being reached.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Checked the tracker today and says its been updated today but then there are no visible changes to anything in the tracker not even any new listings under application history. So no clue what the update on the application is or if just an error in the system.

MrsYounes

Sep 14, 2023
Hi there,

I have two questions but first a little bit of context

I submitted my application on October 20th, 2022 and everything was going pretty fast in the beginning I received my AOR in less than a month (November 10th, 2022. ) then I received the request for the CSQ which I submitted by December 12th and from then complete silence, I thought that maybe because I already did everything Medical exams and all so I just had to wait for the decision.
Biometrics, Medical exam and Eligibility and Completed since March 2023 according to Ircc-tracker and Background check is In progress.
On July 18, 2023 I did a GCMS request to know if something was going on since I didn’t receive a communication since Novembre 2022 and 10 days later on July 28 I received my AIP followed by the GCMS notes on August 2nd, the last note recorded on the GCMS was from January 12, 2023 confirming the reception of the CSQ.

- my first question is: is it okay for me to apply for a OWP even though there was already one submitted with my PR application or is it gonna be a problem if I have 2 OWP application at the same time ?

- my second question is : is it normal that the Spouse Sponsorship application is stuck on Background check ( referring to the tracker status) for 6months ? Or is there something I can do to get it moving again?

thanks for you time ^_^
Good luck to everyone waiting as well
Hello any update on your application?

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Checked the tracker today and says its been updated today but then there are no visible changes to anything in the tracker not even any new listings under application history. So no clue what the update on the application is or if just an error in the system.
any update in your tracker?

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Is there anyone who applied in 2021 for spousal sponsorship with final destination Quebec and have not received COPR yet?