+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spouse sponsorship- Landing interview, confused...

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, I have an inland application landing interview next Tuesday. So far I learnt that they ask 3 questions from me 2 from the sponsor.

I am unsure though how to answer my questions...

1st Q: have you been denied entry to Canada? I had a work permit application in Montreal at the port of entry which was "denied" b/c my employer's lawyer messed up my app. The boarder police agent said I should revoke my request on the spot what I did. Does that mean I was denied or did I voluntarilyrevoked my application?

Anyways do I have to give only yes or no answer on the interview? Or can I explain?

2nd Q: do you have dependent? I have a son who was born while my inland app was being processed. He is Canadian citizen. Is he a dependent?

Thanks so much for any input you might have!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GG_wife said:
1st Q: have you been denied entry to Canada? I had a work permit application in Montreal at the port of entry which was "denied" b/c my employer's lawyer messed up my app. The boarder police agent said I should revoke my request on the spot what I did. Does that mean I was denied or did I voluntarilyrevoked my application?

Anyways do I have to give only yes or no answer on the interview? Or can I explain?

2nd Q: do you have dependent? I have a son who was born while my inland app was being processed. He is Canadian citizen. Is he a dependent?
Hi

1. It sounds like you voluntarily withdrew your request to enter Canada. You can just explain that, it won't affect anything.

2. As he is Canadian, he is not a dependent for the purposes of the application. I suggest having a copy of his Canadian birth certificate on hand in case the landing officer asks anything further.

The landing interview is very simple and straightforward, nothing to worry about.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. It sounds like you voluntarily withdrew your request to enter Canada. You can just explain that, it won't affect anything.

2. As he is Canadian, he is not a dependent for the purposes of the application. I suggest having a copy of his Canadian birth certificate on hand in case the landing officer asks anything further.

The landing interview is very simple and straightforward, nothing to worry about.
thanks for the response! much appreciated!

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I have an inland application landing interview next Tuesday. So far I learnt that they ask 3 questions from me 2 from the sponsor.

I am unsure though how to answer my questions...

Thanks so much for any input you might have!!
Hi there,

How long did you wait from DM, SA, or AIP until you got the letter for the interview?

Thanks!