+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship

naomi.c

Dec 26, 2023
Hello, I am currently on a student visa in Canada and I realized my study permit expires in July 31 2024 but also I am getting married in January and my partner wants to apply for the spousal application. I just wanted to know what it would be good to do right now apply for a renewal for the student visa ? or to apply through with the spousal application? any advice would be very helpful thank you

dafluff

Jul 11, 2023
I was in your same position and my student permit expired in September 2023. If you are working in my opinion I would apply for the spousal sponsorship now and by that time in July you might get your pr. Don’t wait like me just a few months before your visa expires.

naomi.c

Dec 26, 2023
I was in your same position and my student permit expired in September 2023. If you are working in my opinion I would apply for the spousal sponsorship now and by that time in July you might get your pr. Don’t wait like me just a few months before your visa expires.
i am confused whether my pr application would have an impact if my student visa and study permit expire by the time it takes place. i am not currently working im still studying though

dafluff

Jul 11, 2023
I highly doubt it would have an impact on your study permit I had applied 3 months before mine expired and I haven’t had any issues and got my AOR before it expired.
i am confused whether my pr application would have an impact if my student visa and study permit expire by the time it takes place. i am not currently working im still studying though

naomi.c

Dec 26, 2023
I highly doubt it would have an impact on your study permit I had applied 3 months before mine expired and I haven’t had any issues and got my AOR before it expired.
how long did it take for your application to be approved? also thank you so much for helping i was really confused. i'll do just that.

dafluff

Jul 11, 2023
how long did it take for your application to be approved? also thank you so much for helping i was really confused. i'll do just that.
So my application is technically approved everything is done and has been sent over to the montreal office to process my ecopr and pr card. It is one of the worst offices for your application to be sent to as there is a delay of 1-3 months to process. But I applied in June and it took 2 months for me to get my AOR

Reactions: naomi.c