+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Received email of approval with request to pay RPRF on April 12, paid and submit on the 13. Got another email that my local Etobicoke CIC office will contact me to finalize PR and today is June 24 and still nothing. Any updates from anyone?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Received email of approval with request to pay RPRF on April 12, paid and submit on the 13. Got another email that my local Etobicoke CIC office will contact me to finalize PR and today is June 24 and still nothing. Any updates from anyone?
Give IRCC a call to find out more on the status of your application. The number is 1-888-242-2100.

Reactions: MrGenuineBunny

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Thanks but I am using a lawyer but when I ask about the status of my application their reply is as soon we get anymore correspondence from immigration they will inform me. Can I check on my own?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Thanks, I will try to do that although I tried once and they were asking for information that I can’t seem to access for me to log in

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
I check the status of my application online and it said complete and when opened it, it said you entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on April 24, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident. I didn’t get any correspondence to date so I am confused. I tried to call the 1800 number but my application number starts with a W and the options are up to H. Do you have any idea what does that mean? Thanks

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
If you log into ecas to see the status, your lawyer will no longer recieve updates. Just an FYI.

That's incorrect! ECAS isn't the same as GCKey. An applicant can log in to ECAS to see the updates on their application but if they do link their account to their GCKey, then the representative will cease to receive updates on the file.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I check the status of my application online and it said complete and when opened it, it said you entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on April 24, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident. I didn’t get any correspondence to date so I am confused. I tried to call the 1800 number but my application number starts with a W and the options are up to H. Do you have any idea what does that mean? Thanks
That to me seems like your file is complete and you are now a Permanent Resident. I know much recently IRCC has been emailing applicants to create an online PR portal through which the applicant uploads their photo and complete other required info on there. A few days later, IRCC uploads the eCOPR. In your case, you may not have gone through that route it seems.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
I screenshot the information and sent it to the lawyer and she found it strange that her office didn’t get any information about PR so she will contact the officer and give me an update. I am still waiting.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
That's incorrect! ECAS isn't the same as GCKey. An applicant can log in to ECAS to see the updates on their application but if they do link their account to their GCKey, then the representative will cease to receive updates on the file.
I just checked update on my application from a link I got so I don’t know how to link both. Hope I didn’t do the link unknowingly.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
I called the 1800 and got through. The agent said that I was granted PR but it seems as if the officer didn’t send out the follow up correspondence so she will try to inform him. It’s over a week now but I am still waiting. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: BA2LAMAZ