+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship: questions about photos

Fingerscrossedforyou

Aug 13, 2022
Hi there, hope you're doing well. I'm applying through the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class ONLINE at the permanent residence portal. There are two questions I'd like to consult you:

1. The checklist requires two recent photos for the PR card, I suppose I will just instead upload one digital photo?

2. We can also provide a maximum of 20 photos of us together. The checklist mentions that I need to write my name and date of birth on the back of each photo, and then provide a brief description for each photo. Since I'll be uploading these photos online, I suppose instead I can number the photos in the file name, and then attach a PDF that explains the context of each photo matching by number? Also, it would now be unnecessary to repeat my name and date of birth for each of them, is that correct?

Thank you!!

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
1. Yes. Be sure to scan the back of the photo containing the required information

2. You should put the photos on a word doc, and write the name, DoB and context underneath each photo. For thoroughness's sake, we still put name, DoB and context for each photo. It ended up being one PDF file containing all 20 photos—keep in mind you can only upload a maximum of 35 files to the portal so you should combine files into one to save space.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi. I am preparing for my application and I have a few questions. Do you mind sharing what kind of context we have to provide as an example?
Also, We are planning to apply paper-based, so should we take normal paper printouts or photo prints? Kindly recommend.
Thanks in advance.