+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship - OWP question

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and am finally just about ready to submit my application. I'm the principal applicant and I'm also applying for a work permit. However, I'm already on a work permit (good until Feb 2020). I've read conflicting opinions on whether or not to list your employer in the PR work permit. I have a letter of employment and have filled out the application with that employer's info but is it better or expected of me to leave it blank? I haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere so maybe it's just one of those things that everyone does differently. Any opinions are highly appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and am finally just about ready to submit my application. I'm the principal applicant and I'm also applying for a work permit. However, I'm already on a work permit (good until Feb 2020). I've read conflicting opinions on whether or not to list your employer in the PR work permit. I have a letter of employment and have filled out the application with that employer's info but is it better or expected of me to leave it blank? I haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere so maybe it's just one of those things that everyone does differently. Any opinions are highly appreciated!
You are applying for an Open Work Permit. You put N/A for all employment fields.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
You are applying for an Open Work Permit. You put N/A for all employment fields.
Thank you. I've read varying accounts of IRCC saying to fill it with your current employer but mostly to put "N/A" so that's what I'm going with. Thank you for clarifying!