+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship" Have not received first stage approval ?

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, is anyone in the situation as I am or has been please give me your input?

I am currently sponsoring my spouse as "INLAND"
He came to Canada last year March and we got married on March 26, 2016.

We sent the sponsorship application on July 1, 2016
We have have at least gotten request more than 5 to 6 times to fix form 5669 and requesting
"for additional information which we have sent it on time always. It's my first time sponsoring someone so i have a couple of mistakes on the application so immigration kept sending me back some forms to fix them due to missing information but everything went well and we sent back just the forms they requested."

My husband got his health exam report done on Feb 3, 2017 due to a request from immigration.
We do know that immigration received them.

But...I still have not received the first stage of approval ???? I know the first stage is when immigration sents the sponsor a letter of eligibility for sponsoring...I have not received anything and it will be 12 months already in July 1, 2017. We have not hear from immigration at all lately ....I am very worry ...

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I would call them to see what's going on. I'm still waiting on sponsor approval. It's been almost 2 months since my process started. So far I only received AOR1 and the request for PCC and Schedule A form.

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello, is anyone in the situation as I am or has been please give me your input?

I am currently sponsoring my spouse as "INLAND"
He came to Canada last year March and we got married on March 26, 2016.

We sent the sponsorship application on July 1, 2016
We have have at least gotten request more than 5 to 6 times to fix form 5669 and requesting
"for additional information which we have sent it on time always. It's my first time sponsoring someone so i have a couple of mistakes on the application so immigration kept sending me back some forms to fix them due to missing information but everything went well and we sent back just the forms they requested."

My husband got his health exam report done on Feb 3, 2017 due to a request from immigration.
We do know that immigration received them.

But...I still have not received the first stage of approval ???? I know the first stage is when immigration sents the sponsor a letter of eligibility for sponsoring...I have not received anything and it will be 12 months already in July 1, 2017. We have not hear from immigration at all lately ....I am very worry ...
Did your application approved now ?

Karmic0113

Nov 16, 2017
Hi @rosa_landaverde i have same situation like you. My spouse applied for inland sponsorship for me. The cic requested police clearance for background check and I already sent it and now I received a request for medical exam but until now my spouse haven’t received any first stage letter approval. What does it mean? Can you share some experience pls? Thank you very much

Beautiful39

Jul 12, 2018
Hi @rosa_landaverde i have same situation like you. My spouse applied for inland sponsorship for me. The cic requested police clearance for background check and I already sent it and now I received a request for medical exam but until now my spouse haven’t received any first stage letter approval. What does it mean? Can you share some experience pls? Thank you very much
Same with me took 17 months before we got sponsor approval letter even though our medical passed 11 months prior

Karmic0113

Nov 16, 2017
Same with me took 17 months before we got sponsor approval letter even though our medical passed 11 months prior
Wow 17months? How about the open work permit? When did you guys received the open work permit? My application was received by cic January 17,2018 including open work permit application but till now I haven’t received my open work permit.

Beautiful39

Jul 12, 2018
Wow 17months? How about the open work permit? When did you guys received the open work permit? My application was received by cic January 17,2018 including open work permit application but till now I haven’t received my open work permit.
Owp about 3 months remember it all have to do with the officer that gets your file some officer work faster than some because i know people get PR in a year inland

Karmic0113

Nov 16, 2017
Owp about 3 months remember it all have to do with the officer that gets your file some officer work faster than some because i know people get PR in a year inland
You received your open work permit within 3 months? Wow that was quick. Are you inland or outland application? If you’re inland what is your status before you apply for sponsorship? If you don’t mind

chelsea9876

Aug 23, 2018
Category........
LANDED..........
14-01-2011
i think i got mine for 20 months, i dont mind the days as the more i wait the more i get stressed out.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
You received your open work permit within 3 months? Wow that was quick. Are you inland or outland application? If you’re inland what is your status before you apply for sponsorship? If you don’t mind
Hi what happened on your application?

Shawz36

Jan 10, 2019
Hi karmic0113
What happen to your application i’m from philippines as well same situation.