+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

Rebecca0500

May 26, 2021
Hello Everyone, My application was received on 1 sept and got temporary file number on 16th sept. My workpermit will expire in December 2021. already applied for OWP with spousal application. Do i need to apply for bridging or visitor visa just to maintain valid status in canada?
From what I've read from others, it doesn't hurt to apply for a visitor visa just in case. I believe you'll be under implied status until you hear back about your OWP application, but my husband applied for both a OWP and visitor visa just to be on the safe side. Hope that helps!

Hsingh31

Nov 4, 2021
From what I've read from others, it doesn't hurt to apply for a visitor visa just in case. I believe you'll be under implied status until you hear back about your OWP application, but my husband applied for both a OWP and visitor visa just to be on the safe side. Hope that helps!
Thank you

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
To extend my husbands stay here while waiting on his PR, do i need to create him a new ircc account or can i use mine to do his online app for the visa extension? I have all the stuff ready to go to do it and his 6 months is up as of Dec 7th. But we have had no other emails etc since the temp back in September. I'm also not sure of where to go for the application online, our original app was paper.

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
To extend my husbands stay here while waiting on his PR, do i need to create him a new ircc account or can i use mine to do his online app for the visa extension? I have all the stuff ready to go to do it and his 6 months is up as of Dec 7th. But we have had no other emails etc since the temp back in September. I'm also not sure of where to go for the application online, our original app was paper.
Could you please tell me how did you complete it?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Could you please tell me how did you complete it?
I created him his own account, using his login from our RBC bank account to login, since he can't get a GCKEY. that was the main hurdle. had a few issues with the ircc site as usual logging me out or going in circles. but it was done with a lot of drop down etc. just make sure you have all your paperwork ready to upload like passport pic / photocopies of passport and ID etc.

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
and it was returned on June 2021
Hello, Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
Could you please help me in the same:
My husband came to Canada on August 25, 2021, on a visitor visa. I am a PR. I applied for inland sponsorship on October 25, 2021 but so far i did not receive any update.
His passport and visa are expiring in April 2022.
What should i do next?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Hello, Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
Could you please help me in the same:
My husband came to Canada on August 25, 2021, on a visitor visa. I am a PR. I applied for inland sponsorship on October 25, 2021 but so far i did not receive any update.
His passport and visa are expiring in April 2022.
What should i do next?
if you just applied in October you should check with the October filers. It takes a while to get your AOR. most of us only got a temporary number after we sent in the app and it will be a while before we hear any thing else.

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
if you just applied in October you should check with the October filers. It takes a while to get your AOR. most of us only got a temporary number after we sent in the app and it will be a while before we hear any thing else.
Yes I understand. I sent it via mail.
I'm just asking if you know what to do next?
I'm not really sure if we can renew the passport or not?

OG Porbs

Oct 2, 2021
Yes I understand. I sent it via mail.
I'm just asking if you know what to do next?
I'm not really sure if we can renew the passport or not?
For the passport renewal, I would say you should contact CIC and then your high consulate in Canada. Also, I would suggest you apply for extension of visitor’s record since the spousal application may likely not be completed by April 2022 (going by the current timelines)