+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship applications 2015

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I'm sure each of you going through one or the other immigration procedure and Best of luck to all your efforts!!
I'm one among you but seeking some advice on my immigration process.
I have an open work permit valid for 9 more months. My husband is already a PR. I applied for PR under Inland spousal sponsorship category 3 months back from Alberta. We recently moved to Quebec because of my job. Although Quebec is a beautiful province, we are not planning to settle in Quebec for few reasons. My work permit is going to expire in 9 months so I'm planning to apply for work permit extension.
1. But I'm not sure if I have to apply for a bridging open work permit(BOWP) or Spousal work permit and When do I apply for it?
2. If I apply for a Quebec health card, will it affect my immigration process in any way?
3. Should I inform CIC about my address change along with the reason of temporary stay in Quebec?
Any clue about any of these, is going to help me a lot.
Thank you !!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Inland spousal sponsorship for a spouse who is a Canadian worker

Hi

1. You can apply now for an OWP.

Who can apply for an open work permit?

You may be eligible to apply for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:

- You are in Canada and are applying or have already applied for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

2. No.

3. Yes, you need to inform them of the address change. Not doing so is misrepresentation.

Without definitive proof that you will be leaving Quebec before CIC finishes processing the app (definitive being something like a house purchase outside the province, signed job contracts etc.), you will need to follow the Quebec immigration rules. CIC will require you to apply for a CSQ.

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015

Thank you for the reply. It helps a lot. But I have a question, I already have an open work permit(OWP) which I got after my graduation in Canada and that was valid for three years. But now I have a balance of 9 more months left out from my OWP. So can I apply for one more OWP again?? And should I show CIC a proof that I will not stay permanently in Quebec?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

bm2015 said:
So can I apply for one more OWP again?? And should I show CIC a proof that I will not stay permanently in Quebec?
Yes, you can apply for an OWP now and you will need to prove you are leaving Quebec.