+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Removal Order

Turo

May 7, 2024
Hi,

I received a removal order to leave Canada in two weeks, while I have an inland sponsorship application in progress. I do know that the removal order would not be deferred, so I am planning to leave Canada voluntarily. One friend told me that if I leave Canada, my sponsorship application is cancelled and will have to file for an outland application. How true is this?

I'm asking because the CBSA officer told my lawyer that the day of my flight I will have my passport back and a paper that the lawyer submit or add to my application so that the inland application continues. Have someone heard of this?

Thank you.

Reactions: Amiah_world

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I received a removal order to leave Canada in two weeks, while I have an inland sponsorship application in progress. I do know that the removal order would not be deferred, so I am planning to leave Canada voluntarily. One friend told me that if I leave Canada, my sponsorship application is cancelled and will have to file for an outland application. How true is this?

I'm asking because the CBSA officer told my lawyer that the day of my flight I will have my passport back and a paper that the lawyer submit or add to my application so that the inland application continues. Have someone heard of this?

Thank you.
Unfortunately the Public Policy that waives the requirement for legal status does not apply if you are deemed to be Removal Ready.

Your friend is right. An Inland application requires the applicant to be in Canada. You would need to start all over with an Outland application.

Personally, I have never heard of such a letter from CBSA, but...that doesn't mean much. I don't see how an Inland application continues if the applicant has been removed from Canada.

How far along is the application? did you reach Sponsor Approval? hat about Approval in Principle?

Good luck!

Reactions: Turo

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Once you leave the inland application is cancelled, you will have to do an Outland sponsorship but before you do the Outland you also have to do what is called an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) application. This has to be approved first before you can submit the Outland sponsorship.

Reactions: Turo and YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you.
You'll need to reapply outland. Inland requires you to be physically in Canada.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Once you leave the inland application is cancelled, you will have to do an Outland sponsorship but before you do the Outland you also have to do what is called an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) application. This has to be approved first before you can submit the Outland sponsorship.
If you have an active removal order and you depart Canada voluntarily at your own expense (Not deported) do you still need an ARC ?

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
If you have an active removal order and you depart Canada voluntarily at your own expense (Not deported) do you still need an ARC ?
The funny thing is it’s still considered a deportation once you have a removal order. So yes you still need to do an ARC… application.

Turo

May 7, 2024
Unfortunately the Public Policy that waives the requirement for legal status does not apply if you are deemed to be Removal Ready.

Your friend is right. An Inland application requires the applicant to be in Canada. You would need to start all over with an Outland application.

Personally, I have never heard of such a letter from CBSA, but...that doesn't mean much. I don't see how an Inland application continues if the applicant has been removed from Canada.

How far along is the application? did you reach Sponsor Approval? hat about Approval in Principle?

Good luck!
Thank you for your response.

Not too far. Just received instructions to do my police certificate

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response.

Not too far. Just received instructions to do my police certificate
I guess the good news is that you do not have an Exclusion Order, barring you from returning to Canada, correct?

Good luck with the Outland application.