+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland spousal sponsorship and removal order after prra rejected..

Jyjyjj

Jun 16, 2021
Hello, This is hard situation..

I had heard removal order from CBSA on June 2021.
CBSA handed me PRRA application so I applied on July 2021.

In the meantime, I applied my spousal sponsorship application on Nov 2021.
this pr application is combined spousal sponsorship + H&C ground due to criminality.

I've got AOR on Mar 22, 2022 and soon after my biometrics, medical all passed.

on April 22nd, I got email from IRCC that my application has been transferred to Etobicoke office to further assessment.
and April 27th, Sponsor approved.

today(5/11) I got a email from CBSA that my PRRA decision has made so I have to be present the interview to discuss the results.

and I think and bet this is refusal of PRRA..
I knew it my PRRA would be refused but the reason why I did it is to buy time to process my PR application..
but it came out too soon..

What is next option for me?
Can I ask CBSA officer to defer my removal order until PR application finished?
my officer seems nice person but who knows....

Thanks..

Reactions: Gill$&@

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017

this pr application is combined spousal sponsorship + H&C ground due to criminality.

on April 22nd, I got email from IRCC that my application has been transferred to Etobicoke office to further assessment.

today(5/11) I got a email from CBSA that my PRRA decision has made so I have to be present the interview to discuss the results.

I knew it my PRRA would be refused but the reason why I did it is to buy time to process my PR application..

Thanks..
@Jyjyjj hope things got positive with you and you were able to stay in Canada.
Would you please advise what happened since May and if you were able to convince the CBSA agent to defer the removal until the outcome of the sponsorship?
Thanks for sharing

Jyjyjj

Jun 16, 2021
Of course, as I mentioned the officer assigned to me was very nice person. He was just doing his job but trying to help me out with positive way. He gave me options that I can write down the deferral letter right away which I had a pending application. I applied my PR Nov 2021 and cbsa officer paused my removal until Nov 2022. During this time cbsa officer kept contacting to IRCC and I think he ask IRCC to expedite my case and I got PR Nov 2022. I’m so glad I could stay in Canada with my family :)

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Of course, as I mentioned the officer assigned to me was very nice person. He was just doing his job but trying to help me out with positive way. He gave me options that I can write down the deferral letter right away which I had a pending application. I applied my PR Nov 2021 and cbsa officer paused my removal until Nov 2022. During this time cbsa officer kept contacting to IRCC and I think he ask IRCC to expedite my case and I got PR Nov 2022. I’m so glad I could stay in Canada with my family :)
Thank you for your prompt reply. Glad to hear that you successfully managed to stay here.
We are in the same situation, I sponsored my wife in Oct 2021 and it is still in process. Now we received a letter from CBSA and we have an appointment in the upcoming 2 days and we are extremely worried. Hope we get a nice officer, reach a positive outcome and allowed to wait for the spousal application to be executed.
I do not know if PRRA application is offered for everyone.

Jyjyjj

Jun 16, 2021
If that’s your first interview, you will get a chance either PRRA application or deferral letter. My officer was able to accept my deferral letter when my application had been 7 months. In your case, 15 months for spousal sponsorship is long enough time to make a decision… your reason for deferral is quite strong. Once officer accept your deferral, the officer will contact IRCC as well.. be positive and don’t panic. It is very stressful to be in cbsa interview but you and your wife will be fine

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
If that’s your first interview, you will get a chance either PRRA application or deferral letter. My officer was able to accept my deferral letter when my application had been 7 months. In your case, 15 months for spousal sponsorship is long enough time to make a decision… your reason for deferral is quite strong. Once officer accept your deferral, the officer will contact IRCC as well.. be positive and don’t panic. It is very stressful to be in cbsa interview but you and your wife will be fine
Thank you very much. We will get ourselves ready for the sort of questions they might ask.
Take care

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Thank you very much. We will get ourselves ready for the sort of questions they might ask.
Take care
Hello again
We got the PRRA application option that we need to submit and that's good, as this will buy us some time.
Do you think we should send the application ourselves which will cost a lot? Or get a consultant/lawyer to do it on our behalf? Knowing that the chances to get it approved is extremely low, and mainly need it for buying time until sponsorship is approved.
Thanks

Mackazmi

Feb 9, 2023

Thanks..
How long you were out of status when you applied spousal sponsship im in same situation but I married 12 march 2022 and I’m out of status from 3rd December I applied restoration it’s also denied 15 of January 2023 . I applied inland sponsor ship 17 of January I was so lazy to collecting my documents first I applied marriage certificate it’s took 3 to 4 months then other documents. So after filing my inland sponsorship after 16 days I received AOR then 6th February I received medical so my medical is completed 13 of February.now it’s showing processsinh your background check.

Hammed01

Mar 9, 2023
It's the opposite for me , I filled my inland sponsorship on October, 2022 but didn't get response from IRCC till my PRRA result came Negative, I was removed in Canada December 2022 and left my pregnant wife back.
Now we filled for Outland and yet to hear from them till date , No AOR since January

Jyjyjj

Jun 16, 2021
Hello again
We got the PRRA application option that we need to submit and that's good, as this will buy us some time.
Do you think we should send the application ourselves which will cost a lot? Or get a consultant/lawyer to do it on our behalf? Knowing that the chances to get it approved is extremely low, and mainly need it for buying time until sponsorship is approved.
Thanks
I’m sorry to reply late as it didn’t give me notification! How did it go? I would suggest do yourself as it has almost 0 chance to win but just earning times

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
It was smooth, we applied for PRRA almost two months ago. 6 weeks ago I, as sponsor, got approval, but my wife's file has been transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment.

SSohail

Aug 1, 2015
Hi Jyjyjj

Can you please tell me if HNC grounds helped you get relief due to the criminal charges? I have the same situation. The prra is in process and now going to submit inland spousal sponsorship but there are pending criminal charges on the case

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jyjyjj

Can you please tell me if HNC grounds helped you get relief due to the criminal charges? I have the same situation. The prra is in process and now going to submit inland spousal sponsorship but there are pending criminal charges on the case
If you are the person being sponsored and are already deemed to be `Removal Ready' (not saying that you are, but may be) you would not benefit from the Public Policy that is in place for an Inland Spouse or Common Law Partner sponsorship application.

Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Jyjyjj

Generally speaking, any application (including H&C) cannot move forward with criminal charges pending.