+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship after submitting app

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
Hi,

My husband and I have submitted our application (sponsorship, PR, OWP, extension visa) to Vegreville in the last week of September 2008. Pls guide as to what is the next step. Do we get a case no? How much time will it take to get the first response from the office.
How long will it take to get the extension visa. My current visa expires on in 2nd week of November.
Anything else I shud do or prepare for.
About the PR fees, will they send us a request letter to inform us to pay.

Thanks for the help.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I certainly hope you sent the fees already with the exception of the LANDING FEE which can be paid at a later day. There was an application fee, about $475, I believe. Without it, the application will be sent back.

We received the extension for 6 more months, 10 weeks after we sent the application. But don't you worry, by sending the extension BEFORE your visa expires, you have IMPLIED Status, so you are okay.

We sent ours June 3, 2008, we have not received a case number or acknowledgement at all And we have been advised by this forum not to expect it until about November-January. So relax and wait it out.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visitor extension currently taking 65 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#temp_res

Spouse first stage approval 6 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hallo Anatolia,

We have applied under the Common-law sponsorship the same day (3. June 2008). The started processing the PR on 5. July 2008. According to eCase. The last message said Thank you for receiving the requested information.......
We have, seems like, some work on our file. We had already a case number after 4 weeks or better a client number. A friend who works for the federal government said, even that there are have been holidays, our file is kind of fast. And we expecting by end of October some news. BEcause it as before the summer holidays 4-5month. So we should receive latest by mid November something. Because the already on 22. March 2008 that plus 8 weeks is exactly the 6 month they mention on their homepage. It is average.....
Anatolia where are you from? When I might ask?! They even seems sometimes to jump over the AIP and make an interview and you might have luck to get PR than.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I am from Peru (Canadian Citizen as well) and so is my husband. We are waiting for his PR here in Toronto. Well true to form, I am expecting a response somewhere November-December. We want that Work permit for sure! My husband is going batty in the house LOL and that OHIP would be great too, once we are approved the medical stuff.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
sanpen said:
Hi,

My husband and I have submitted our application (sponsorship, PR, OWP, extension visa) to Vegreville in the last week of September 2008. Pls guide as to what is the next step. Do we get a case no? How much time will it take to get the first response from the office.
How long will it take to get the extension visa. My current visa expires on in 2nd week of November.
Anything else I shud do or prepare for.
About the PR fees, will they send us a request letter to inform us to pay.

Thanks for the help.
Anatolia said:
I certainly hope you sent the fees already with the exception of the LANDING FEE which can be paid at a later day. There was an application fee, about $475, I believe. Without it, the application will be sent back.

We received the extension for 6 more months, 10 weeks after we sent the application. But don't you worry, by sending the extension BEFORE your visa expires, you have IMPLIED Status, so you are okay.

We sent ours June 3, 2008, we have not received a case number or acknowledgement at all And we have been advised by this forum not to expect it until about November-January. So relax and wait it out.
Here is information on inland application processing timelines - currently CPC-V is processing applications received through March 29. 2008 and the expected timeline to receiving first stage approval (AIP) is 6 months. It used to be that CPC-V did not "begin processing" until almost 4 months after they received an application, but that meant that people could withdraw their applications up until then and receive back their entire processing fees. So now CPC-V opens applications immediately and lists them as in process, even though they still don't touch them for 4-6 months.

The fees that need to be included with the application are a $75 sponsorship fee and a $475 applicant fee ($550). The $490 Right of Permanent Residence fee can be deferred until later in the process.

Sanpen - if you included an open work permit application and the additional $150 permit fee in the SAME ENVELOPE with your inland PR application, and it was received at CPC-Vegreville BEFORE your current temporary status expired, you did not need to file an additional extension application - the OWP application gives you "implied status" until AIP, and once AIP is issued you will automatically receive an OWP, which becomes your new temporary status document.

However, it sounds like maybe you didn't include fees?? We need to know exactly what you sent to where, and what fees you paid, in order to help you protect yourself from losing your temporary status.

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
Hi Robsluv,

I included OWP with PR app, and did put in sponsorship fee, applicant fee, extension visa fee, and OWP fee. The only fee i didnt pay is right of permanent residence fee which i will do later when the office notifies me. My tem visa status has not expire yet. It expires in November and i submitted my app on September 23rs, so i guess thats enough time.