+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal- Proof of Cohabitation - Spouse is on work permit

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hi,
Two weeks ago I applied for inland Spousal sponsorship application. however me (principle applicant with a post graduation work permit) and my wife (sponsor) we are not living together because she goes to school (graduating this year) and I work in a city 4 hours away from her. but we see each other every weekend.
We provided all proofs that this relationship is genuine(marriage certificate, photos, messages, events, letters from both family and friends as whiteness of relationship..) and also that we can't live together as this time.
is this going to be an issue?
Thank you all

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Two weeks ago I applied for inland Spousal sponsorship application. however me (principle applicant with a post graduation work permit) and my wife (sponsor) we are not living together because she goes to school (graduating this year) and I work in a city 4 hours away from her. but we see each other every weekend.
We provided all proofs that this relationship is genuine(marriage certificate, photos, messages, events, letters from both family and friends as whiteness of relationship..) and also that we can't live together as this time.
is this going to be an issue?
Thank you all
You will be refused. Cohabitation is a basic requirements of inland. Withdraw and apply outland.

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
You will be refused. Cohabitation is a basic requirements of inland. Withdraw and apply outland.
I am working full time in Canada with an open work permit valid for another 7 months. also before applying I contacted RICC and explain to them my situation and they said it is ok to apply but write letter explaining your situation.
If i apply out-land still my supporting docs for relationship will be in Canada like photos marriage, education, work...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am working full time in Canada with an open work permit valid for another 7 months. also before applying I contacted RICC and explain to them my situation and they said it is ok to apply but write letter explaining your situation.
If i apply out-land still my supporting docs for relationship will be in Canada like photos marriage, education, work...
The Call Centre gives out wrong information all of the time. It's not OK. As I said, living together is a basic requirement for inland and you will be refused.

The application package is the same for outland except you don't have to be living together.

Reactions: YVR123