+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal- Proof of Cohabitation - Spouse is on Visitor Visa

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
Hi. Me (Person being sponsored) and my bf (now my spouse) has been together for 4 years, long distance cause he lives in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa and got approved last year. Now I’m in canada with him and we just got married last month. We are preparing to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. I have read the checklist, and one of the requirements is proofs of cohabitation (Lease agreement, joint accounts, etc.). NOW MY QUESTION IS:

How can we prove that we’re living together?
1. Without lease agreement (as we are still living in his family house and his parents are the ones who are paying, not him).
2. we don’t have joint bank accounts since I just arrived here months ago and I am not sure if we can open a joint account even if im just on a visitor visa¿
3. We don’t have any other joint utility bills. He has all the responsibilities because I’m not allowed to work yet. I don’t have SIN# cause I’m just a visitor

We are living together for 2 months only since I just arrived here on a visitor visa. How else can I and my spouse prove that we are living in one house together?

Thank you for those who will help us!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. Me (Person being sponsored) and my bf (now my spouse) has been together for 4 years, long distance cause he lives in Canada. I applied for a visitor visa and got approved last year. Now I’m in canada with him and we just got married last month. We are preparing to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. I have read the checklist, and one of the requirements is proofs of cohabitation (Lease agreement, joint accounts, etc.). NOW MY QUESTION IS:

How can we prove that we’re living together?
1. Without lease agreement (as we are still living in his family house and his parents are the ones who are paying, not him).
2. we don’t have joint bank accounts since I just arrived here months ago and I am not sure if we can open a joint account even if im just on a visitor visa¿
3. We don’t have any other joint utility bills. He has all the responsibilities because I’m not allowed to work yet. I don’t have SIN# cause I’m just a visitor

We are living together for 2 months only since I just arrived here on a visitor visa. How else can I and my spouse prove that we are living in one house together?

Thank you for those who will help us!
1. His parents can sign an affidavit confirming you are living together.
2. You can be added as a joint bank account holder. Do that asap.
3. Same as above.