+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal PR days after moving. Review my plan.

veuknz

Apr 25, 2019
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
I've done quite a bit of research and I'm feeling good about my plan and that I am following the process correctly. Do you guys mind reading this over and making any comments?

I am a New Zealander married to a Canadian citizen. We were married in Alberta 7 years ago and have no kids.

We have been living in New Zealand for the past 6 years, my wife even became a New Zealand PR.

Next month we are flying into Canada on one way tickets, I will be on a visitor visa.

We plan to submit the sponsorship application, inland PR application and open work permit for myself within a week of landing

We have tons of evidence that our marriage is legit plus police certificates from New Zealand.

As long as all our ducks are in a row I'm expecting the open work permit to come through in 6-12 weeks. Neither of us has jobs lined up but we will be moving in with family temporarily and have 20K saved for the move.

Neither of us has any special circumstances like criminal convictions or past immigration issues.

Does this all seem pretty straight forward? I am a little worried about entering on a one-way ticket and what I should say to the immigration officer. I can afford to leave the country if my visitor visa expires but I believe once my application for PR has been accepted Im able to stay.

Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've done quite a bit of research and I'm feeling good about my plan and that I am following the process correctly. Do you guys mind reading this over and making any comments?

I am a New Zealander married to a Canadian citizen. We were married in Alberta 7 years ago and have no kids.

We have been living in New Zealand for the past 6 years, my wife even became a New Zealand PR.

Next month we are flying into Canada on one way tickets, I will be on a visitor visa.

We plan to submit the sponsorship application, inland PR application and open work permit for myself within a week of landing

We have tons of evidence that our marriage is legit plus police certificates from New Zealand.

As long as all our ducks are in a row I'm expecting the open work permit to come through in 6-12 weeks. Neither of us has jobs lined up but we will be moving in with family temporarily and have 20K saved for the move.

Neither of us has any special circumstances like criminal convictions or past immigration issues.

Does this all seem pretty straight forward? I am a little worried about entering on a one-way ticket and what I should say to the immigration officer. I can afford to leave the country if my visitor visa expires but I believe once my application for PR has been accepted Im able to stay.

Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.
FYI - officialy processing time for OWPs associated with inland spousal sponsorship applications is 4 months. Some people get them sooner - however many do wait the full 4 months. Unlikely you'll have it in 6 weeks.

Reactions: veuknz

veuknz

Apr 25, 2019
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
FYI - officialy processing time for OWPs associated with inland spousal sponsorship applications is 4 months. Some people get them sooner - however many do wait the full 4 months. Unlikely you'll have it in 6 weeks.
Good to know, I will be using that time to upskill, sounds like I'll be pretty skilled by the end.

Just curious, do you think using a lawyer could be beneficial in making things go a bit faster?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good to know, I will be using that time to upskill, sounds like I'll be pretty skilled by the end.

Just curious, do you think using a lawyer could be beneficial in making things go a bit faster?
Having a lawyer will not result your application to be processed faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would encourage you to book a return ticket and then cancel it after you arrive in Canada. Lawyer will not help get an OWP faster. What kind of training are you doing? Many could be considered work or studying which wouldn’t be allowed.

veuknz

Apr 25, 2019
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
Would encourage you to book a return ticket and then cancel it after you arrive in Canada. Lawyer will not help get an OWP faster. What kind of training are you doing? Many could be considered work or studying which wouldn’t be allowed.
I'm not training with an education provider, literally just bought a bunch of Udemy courses on Angular, Javascript, Python etc that I will work through on my own.

I wondered about a refundable ticket, does it have to be to my country of origin or just out of the country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm not training with an education provider, literally just bought a bunch of Udemy courses on Angular, Javascript, Python etc that I will work through on my own.

I wondered about a refundable ticket, does it have to be to my country of origin or just out of the country?
Would recommend your country of origin. It wouldn’t make sense otherwise unless you are a dual citizen and are going to your second home.

veuknz

Apr 25, 2019
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-08-2019
Would recommend your country of origin. It wouldn’t make sense otherwise unless you are a dual citizen and are going to your second home.
Good advice, I'll work on sorting that ticket out. I am a UK citizen as well so I may go that route seeing as New Zealand can be quite expensive.

Apart from that does everything else look quite straight forward with my plan?