+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal OWP & PR Processing Time

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello!

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any feedback! Thank you in advance!

1. What’s the average processing time to get the OWP from the time of applying for an Inland Spousal App?

2. What’s the average time to get PR from the time of applying for the Inland Spousal?

2. I am currently on a Visitor Visa (on the 2nd month of my 6-month allowed stay) and my fiance and I are planning to get married on January or February. Inland Spousal requires the sponsored individual to be present in Canada during the inland spousal application. Do I need to apply for a Visitor Extension? Or do I already have an automatic implied status for the duration of the app?

4. What are the usual refusal points of an Inland Spousal App?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any feedback! Thank you in advance!

1. What’s the average processing time to get the OWP from the time of applying for an Inland Spousal App?

2. What’s the average time to get PR from the time of applying for the Inland Spousal?

2. I am currently on a Visitor Visa (on the 2nd month of my 6-month allowed stay) and my fiance and I are planning to get married on January or February. Inland Spousal requires the sponsored individual to be present in Canada during the inland spousal application. Do I need to apply for a Visitor Extension? Or do I already have an automatic implied status for the duration of the app?

4. What are the usual refusal points of an Inland Spousal App?
1. Around 8 months right now but can be more.
2. Around 12 months
3. The inland application + OWP will give you implied status provided the application package is received before your six month stay in Canada ends. However to avoid the risk of falling out of status in the event your application is returned, yes, you should apply for another extension.

Reactions: katarina_01

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
2. Around 12 months
3. The inland application + OWP will give you implied status provided the application package is received before your six month stay in Canada ends. However to avoid the risk of falling out of status in the event your application is returned, yes, you should apply for another extension.
Thank you so much!

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
2. Around 12 months
Hi, Scylla!
These 8 months for he OWP, do you know a place (a google spreasheet for exemple) where the people are registering these stats?
I would like to learn more from each of them. It is too long, I was expecting 4 months to have the OWP.

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hi, Scylla!
These 8 months for he OWP, do you know a place (a google spreasheet for exemple) where the people are registering these stats?
I would like to learn more from each of them. It is too long, I was expecting 4 months to have the OWP.
Hello! Did you apply for an Inland Spousal as well? Can you please share your timeline?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Scylla!
There are various spreadsheets around but I don't know exactly where to find them or the URLs. You might want using the forum search feature to find them or reading through some of the inland threads.

The OWP processing times used to be around 4 months pre-COVID. Unfortunately they went up once COVID hit. I don't believe they've dropped back down yet. Maybe they will by the time you apply.

Reactions: YVR123

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
There are various spreadsheets around but I don't know exactly where to find them or the URLs. You might want using the forum search feature to find them or reading through some of the inland threads.

The OWP processing times used to be around 4 months pre-COVID. Unfortunately they went up once COVID hit. I don't believe they've dropped back down yet. Maybe they will by the time you apply.
Ok thnx, friend!

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
My bad!

I was meaning: I saw in the cells from the column "Notes" (column "AS"), some people wrote "... OWP to be submitted separately online after AOR". [1]
Then I was wondering why they would do that.
But after reading other threads, I am seeing that the OWP is not being provided before the approval of the PR, and then this may the the reason had to don't submit the OWP together with the PR.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1822020384&range=AS6

corvus777

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
FAM
My bad!

I was meaning: I saw in the cells from the column "Notes" (column "AS"), some people wrote "... OWP to be submitted separately online after AOR". [1]
Then I was wondering why they would do that.
But after reading other threads, I am seeing that the OWP is not being provided before the approval of the PR, and then this may the the reason had to don't submit the OWP together with the PR.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1822020384&range=AS6
Glad you are sorted now

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
Personally it took me 11 months to get the OWP that was submitted with my application, however I know a good number of people who applied the same time as me who didn't receive it at all, and instead had their PR card come first! Hopefully the newer applicants have a bit more luck with getting it on time.