+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal June

joli2

Jan 15, 2019
Hi ,guys ,Got owp on October,now they ask more information about applicants how to support himself during 3 year work permit...is it normal? How to deal with it .i am the spouser..The officer ask my partner..how do u or who helping you support yourself in Canada ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi ,guys ,Got owp on October,now they ask more information about applicants how to support himself during 3 year work permit...is it normal? How to deal with it .i am the spouser..The officer ask my partner..how do u or who helping you support yourself in Canada ?
They can ask about finances. Just provide the requested information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is technically no income requirement when sponsoring a spouse but IRCC does not want people to sponsor their spouse only for all of them to end up on welfare so you have to show how you will support yourself. Are you currently employed? your husband? Do you or your spouse have savings to live off? Family members can be used for financial support if necessary. Some family provide free accommodation until the other spouse gets a job. Some family members who have enough savings can offer to support you financially as well. They would need to provide proof of their savings.

joli2

Jan 15, 2019
There is technically no income requirement when sponsoring a spouse but IRCC does not want people to sponsor their spouse only for all of them to end up on welfare so you have to show how you will support yourself. Are you currently employed? your husband? Do you or your spouse have savings to live off? Family members can be used for financial support if necessary. Some family provide free accommodation until the other spouse gets a job. Some family members who have enough savings can offer to support you financially as well. They would need to provide proof of their savings.
. Yeah ...my partner didn’t work during 3 years work permit... due to some health problems...so now officer asked my partner about how he supported himself those 3 years work permit.....so what additional documents should we upload???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
. Yeah ...my partner didn’t work during 3 years work permit... due to some health problems...so now officer asked my partner about how he supported himself those 3 years work permit.....so what additional documents should we upload???
Are you saying he hasn’t worked since arriving in Canada (3 years)? How has he supported himself all this time? Did you have a TRV? Did you get married in Canada or your home country? I am very confused. You mention a work permit for your spouse but in another post you refer to him as Canadian.

joli2

Jan 15, 2019
they asked for
Are you saying he hasn’t worked since arriving in Canada (3 years)? How has he supported himself all this time? Did you have a TRV? Did you get married in Canada or your home country? I am very confused. You mention a work permit for your spouse but in another post you refer to him as Canadian.
I’m the Canadian ..he is student who graduated holding a 3 years owp ... before the 3 year owp end ..I spoused him ...now government asked how he supported himself during 3 years work permit..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
they asked for
I’m the Canadian ..he is student who graduated holding a 3 years owp ... before the 3 year owp end ..I spoused him ...now government asked how he supported himself during 3 years work permit..
It doesn't matter why they asked. They asked and you must answer. He obviously had to have supported himself somehow, so just respond and explain.