+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal eCoPR "Original entry date" Meaning? What date did you use?

Siggy92

Dec 21, 2021
Recently got an eCoPR and was asked before for "original entry date" and "Date of last time you entered Canada". I listed two different dates; my first travel to Canada in 2018 as original entry and my last entry was a separate travel to Canada in 2019 where i began my immigration process shortly after and never left.

The officer used only my last entry in 2019 for both dates so my question is what is the meaning of "original entry date" for copr?

Is it first time entering and getting an UCI or first time traveling to Canada as a visitor? The officer either corrected my original date or he messed up. What do you guys think? Searched internet and no one seems to have a solid definition. Last entry clearly states into Canada whereas original entry lacks context.

If any inland sponsors here applied and vacationed in Canada before coming and staying did they use your most recent stay as your original date?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I'm curious about this myself. We haven't received the COPR yet, but my husband's very first entry into Canada was sometime in 1993 when he was 12 years old. He obviously doesn't have a clue when the actual date was (nor do his folks). They drove. If they need the actual original date, is this something I have to contact CBSA to find out?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Recently got an eCoPR and was asked before for "original entry date" and "Date of last time you entered Canada". I listed two different dates; my first travel to Canada in 2018 as original entry and my last entry was a separate travel to Canada in 2019 where i began my immigration process shortly after and never left.

The officer used only my last entry in 2019 for both dates so my question is what is the meaning of "original entry date" for copr?

Is it first time entering and getting an UCI or first time traveling to Canada as a visitor? The officer either corrected my original date or he messed up. What do you guys think? Searched internet and no one seems to have a solid definition. Last entry clearly states into Canada whereas original entry lacks context.

If any inland sponsors here applied and vacationed in Canada before coming and staying did they use your most recent stay as your original date?
For my application I used the date of the very first time I came to Canada as a visitor (years before I moved to Canada to start my Inland PR sponsorship application process). IRCC didn't ask for any more info on it, so I assume it means "the very first time you entered Canada".

Siggy92

Dec 21, 2021
I called IRCC as nobody knows from a direct source and nobody updates threads that have brought this issue up in the past. My officer messed up my eCoPR dates. IRCC agent says he gets this question a lot. Original entry date is the first time you came into Canada period. He said that the error wont impact things in the short term but it should be amended because it can affect old age pension and stuff in the future.

@fashiontart when they request details for CoPR they say you can provide your best estimate if you're unsure of dates (at least in my letter). Just make sure to explain.

Hopefully my hour long phone call helps some of you in the future. Keep your fingers crossed that your officer can copy and paste dates correctly! Good luck...

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I called IRCC as nobody knows from a direct source and nobody updates threads that have brought this issue up in the past. My officer messed up my eCoPR dates. IRCC agent says he gets this question a lot. Original entry date is the first time you came into Canada period. He said that the error wont impact things in the short term but it should be amended because it can affect old age pension and stuff in the future.

@fashiontart when they request details for CoPR they say you can provide your best estimate if you're unsure of dates (at least in my letter). Just make sure to explain.

Hopefully my hour long phone call helps some of you in the future. Keep your fingers crossed that your officer can copy and paste dates correctly! Good luck...
That's amazing! Thank you so much for the clarification. There's no way to nail down the exact date, as my husband's family drove up in the early 90s and it was before passports were needed, so I doubt it was even officially recorded anywhere. I can guess for sure. I know the month and year (ish).