+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal application with opwp

thakar98

Feb 13, 2019
Hello, Season greetings.

I just need some guidance for my spousal pr application.

My wife is a birth Canadian citizen of Canada. Its been 9 months we're married. I am on my study permit and applying under the spousal application. I am really scared because we got married without dating in 10 days after meeting each other. (we had great tuning and both were looking for something long term and serious) . Additionally, she is 5 years older than me. We have all the documents necessary includes, 100+ photographs (Include marriage, all festival celebration with her family and our dates), joint bank account and joint plans, lease agreement. Please advise how we can make our application stronger and is there any consequence we should prepare for right now. I really appreciate your support. Have a good day.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, Season greetings.

My wife is a birth Canadian citizen of Canada. Its been 9 months we're married. I am on my study permit and applying under the spousal application. I am really scared because we got married without dating in 10 days after meeting each other. (we had great tuning and both were looking for something long term and serious) . Additionally, she is 5 years older than me. We have all the documents necessary includes, 100+ photographs (Include marriage, all festival celebration with her family and our dates), joint bank account and joint plans, lease agreement. Please advise how we can make our application stronger and is there any consequence we should prepare for right now. I really appreciate your support. Have a good day.
Was this an arranged marriage?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, Season greetings.

If you wouldn't have qualified for a PGWP due to part-time studies expect extra scrutiny. You seem to be around 23/24 so marrying a woman around 30 would be quite unusual for an arranged marriage (or marriage without dating). Do you have the same level of education? Has she been married before?

thakar98

Feb 13, 2019
If you wouldn't have qualified for a PGWP due to part-time studies expect extra scrutiny. You seem to be around 23/24 so marrying a woman around 30 would be quite unusual for an arranged marriage (or marriage without dating). Do you have the same level of education? Has she been married before?
I am 22 years old and she is 27 years old. She is university drop out and I have 2 college diploma. No, she is never married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No it wasn't. We met on online dating website we have all the conversation since the beginning.
It's extremely unusual to marry just 10 days after meeting each other in person. I think you should be prepared that your application will be reviewed extremely closely. I would recommend that you live together for a while before submitting the sponsorship application. Ideally something like a year to show your relationship truly is genuine. Just my thoughts...

Reactions: YVR123