+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spoual open work permit

Disha1234

Mar 14, 2018
Hi
I have applied for spousal open work permit inside canada under the new policy when you get sponsored you can apply work permit.
Yesterday April 2nd I received BVL letter but no decision and it says.

Final decision - April 2, 2024: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am really worried no updates yet.

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi
I have applied for spousal open work permit inside canada under the new policy when you get sponsored you can apply work permit.
Yesterday April 2nd I received BVL letter but no decision and it says.

Final decision - April 2, 2024: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am really worried no updates yet.
I have applied for SOWP extension and I have this same result from 2nd February. Still waiting for the decision. I tried to call them as well but they said that it is still in process. Let me know if you get any update.

Disha1234

Mar 14, 2018
I have applied for SOWP extension and I have this same result from 2nd February. Still waiting for the decision. I tried to call them as well but they said that it is still in process. Let me know if you get any update.
Hi,

I just got my approval letter today. Did u get any update?

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I have a couple more trackers that could be useful to you in case you’re worried about the timelines! This one has different work permits tracker including the SOWP: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-work-permits-tracker

And you can reference general spousal sponsorship PR applications here: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker

I hope this helps you gain a better understanding of the timelines! From what I’ve seen, both the SOWP and spousal PR have been moving very slowly this year