+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship

Chassiel

Jan 19, 2020
My husband is in Canada on a six month visitors Visa. We have been together for years but I have moved back home to Canada and he has come to live with me here. After a long time apart due to Covid travel restrictions, he's finally here with me.
We were intending on applying for the Inland class ( Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada). As a visitor, does he meet the requirements of a temporary resident under this class?
As usual we've done a lot of research, but you begin to second guess yourself!
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Emily

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband is in Canada on a six month visitors Visa. We have been together for years but I have moved back home to Canada and he has come to live with me here. After a long time apart due to Covid travel restrictions, he's finally here with me.
We were intending on applying for the Inland class ( Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada). As a visitor, does he meet the requirements of a temporary resident under this class?
As usual we've done a lot of research, but you begin to second guess yourself!
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Emily
Yes you can sponsor him with OWP as a temporary visitor as long as you have proof of 1 year of continuous cohabitation.

Chassiel

Jan 19, 2020
Yes you can sponsor him with OWP as a temporary visitor as long as you have proof of 1 year of continuous cohabitation.
Thank you for replying so quickly! Does the 1 year of continuous cohabitation have to be in Canada? As in, the 1 year leading up to the application?

Also, is this still the case I'd you are married? We've been married for years and have lived together in the UK as well as regular visits back and forth. Covid kept us apart for some time this past year.

Thank you

Yaqoobsobia

Jul 30, 2021
If you were married in UK.. that should strengthen your case. So it will be spousal sponsorship and requires less proof. Did u hold a proper wedding ceremony? Anyways we have similar case married and lived in Germany husband is German then v just moved back to Canada. We applied inland with owp.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for replying so quickly! Does the 1 year of continuous cohabitation have to be in Canada? As in, the 1 year leading up to the application?

Also, is this still the case I'd you are married? We've been married for years and have lived together in the UK as well as regular visits back and forth. Covid kept us apart for some time this past year.

Thank you
Apply as married so no need to prove 1 year of cohabitation.