+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship

Carairish

Mar 12, 2021
We are about to submit our application for inland spousal sponsorship. We are having many issues downloading the form; IM5532(the financial and relationship evaluation form) anyone else experience this? Also, my visitor visa will expire on March 24th. I have read that they are allowing spouses awaiting spousal sponsorship to stay even if their status has expired or about to expire.. anyone else on the same boat ?

CaroReina

Mar 2, 2021
We are about to submit our application for inland spousal sponsorship. We are having many issues downloading the form; IM5532(the financial and relationship evaluation form) anyone else experience this? Also, my visitor visa will expire on March 24th. I have read that they are allowing spouses awaiting spousal sponsorship to stay even if their status has expired or about to expire.. anyone else on the same boat ?
We are starting with the compilation of the documents for the sponsorship, but my extension expires in a few days, so yesterday I made a new extension request following the recommendations of several advisers. So I recommend that you make an extension to avoid losing your status, even knowing that when you start the sponsorship process you will have implicit status. Did you do the whole process yourself or did you have advice?

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
We are starting with the compilation of the documents for the sponsorship, but my extension expires in a few days, so yesterday I made a new extension request following the recommendations of several advisers. So I recommend that you make an extension to avoid losing your status, even knowing that when you start the sponsorship process you will have implicit status. Did you do the whole process yourself or did you have advice?
Hey i am on visitor visa and married to a permanent resident and applied for inland sponsorship and I asked CIC that can i stay in Canada after the expiry of my visitor visa they told me yes as you are on implied status

Carairish

Mar 12, 2021
Hey i am on visitor visa and married to a permanent resident and applied for inland sponsorship and I asked CIC that can i stay in Canada after the expiry of my visitor visa they told me yes as you are on implied status
Hi, thanks for your response.
Good luck with it all!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
apply for inland doesn't give you implied status. BUT if you sent in the OWP with the inland application, then the OWP application gives you implied status.

Provided that you were not out of status when you sent in the application and if the application didn't get returned as incomplete.

Reactions: Carairish