+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship - Tourist Visa

mister_w

Oct 18, 2020
Hi,

We've been waiting for outland sponsorship approval for almost 1.5 years now and we're seeing that applications that were submitted months after ours are getting processed. We are not able to contact CPCM about our application, I've been calling them almost everyday and always I'm not able to connect to an agent. No one has been replying to our web form submissions, GCMS Notes are the same from the one I got last January, I've also contacted MP to request help but I have not heard back from them.

My wife has a Tourist Visa for Canada and we're thinking if we can just have her go here. My question is, can we apply for an Inland Spousal with OWP with a tourist visa?

At this point we don't care if our application resets anymore if we can get an OWP because surviving on one person's salary is not just feasible in the long run. And we can't request government assistance if one is a tourist.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

We've been waiting for outland sponsorship approval for almost 1.5 years now and we're seeing that applications that were submitted months after ours are getting processed. We are not able to contact CPCM about our application, I've been calling them almost everyday and always I'm not able to connect to an agent. No one has been replying to our web form submissions, GCMS Notes are the same from the one I got last January, I've also contacted MP to request help but I have not heard back from them.

My wife has a Tourist Visa for Canada and we're thinking if we can just have her go here. My question is, can we apply for an Inland Spousal with OWP with a tourist visa?

At this point we don't care if our application resets anymore if we can get an OWP because surviving on one person's salary is not just feasible in the long run. And we can't request government assistance if one is a tourist.
You can have her come to Canada. I doubt that starting over with inland for owp would be an improvement in terms of timing, but your decision.

Have her get to Canada and push MP office in parallel, order your gcms notes, everything you can think of.

Seems odd to have such long delay if she has visa.

mister_w

Oct 18, 2020
You can have her come to Canada. I doubt that starting over with inland for owp would be an improvement in terms of timing, but your decision.

Have her get to Canada and push MP office in parallel, order your gcms notes, everything you can think of.

Seems odd to have such long delay if she has visa.
we're also wondering what happened to our application. I'm just worried that the 6 months stay we get from the tourist visa is not enough to get the PR from the outland application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we're also wondering what happened to our application. I'm just worried that the 6 months stay we get from the tourist visa is not enough to get the PR from the outland application.
You can ask for an extension of his/her visitor status. Would really discourage you to reapply since OWP are taking much longer. When did you get AOR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

You can certainly do that.

You'll need to withdraw the outland application before you can apply inland. Once you apply inland, OWP will likely take around six months to be approved. So make sure you can survive for 6-8 months on one individual's salary.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply for an extension from within Canada.

mister_w

Oct 18, 2020
If the decision for our outland application does get approved while my wife is here, does she still need to go back to the Philippines to get her "visa"?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the decision for our outland application does get approved while my wife is here, does she still need to go back to the Philippines to get her "visa"?
No

Reactions: YVR123