+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship June 2020

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Quick question:

We have a visitor extension request in progress which we submit before receiving AOR just in case the application was returned. Now that we have received AOR would it be wise to withdraw the extension request? I am worried what would happen if it is denied...do we still have implied status due to the OWP application or would my spouse have to leave...

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Quick question:

We have a visitor extension request in progress which we submit before receiving AOR just in case the application was returned. Now that we have received AOR would it be wise to withdraw the extension request? I am worried what would happen if it is denied...do we still have implied status due to the OWP application or would my spouse have to leave...
i believe once they see you have an OWP in progress the application will be cancelled. I would withdraw it and get your money back atleast

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Quick question:

Hi. I have a question. Im implied status. Waiting for my visitor record. Did you apply pr+ owp when you have status? Or you when u are implied? Thanks in advance

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi. I have a question. Im implied status. Waiting for my visitor record. Did you apply pr+ owp when you have status? Or you when u are implied? Thanks in advance
We applied for PR + OWP when my wife had valid visitor status. If I am not mistaken, you need valid status to qualify for the OWP but you don't need it to qualify for the PR.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
We applied for PR + OWP when my wife had valid visitor status. If I am not mistaken, you need valid status to qualify for the OWP but you don't need it to qualify for the PR.
Thanks for the reply. As far as i read in many different topics in forum that when you are under IMPLIED STATUS its a valid status.

But anyway, thanks alot and good luck to your application.

Sush87

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01.2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Anyone was able to link PR file to CIC?

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for the reply. As far as i read in many different topics in forum that when you are under IMPLIED STATUS its a valid status.

But anyway, thanks alot and good luck to your application.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps start a new thread with your question and let some of the experts chime in.

Sush87

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01.2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
I was able to link the file by adding applicants 2.

SA92

Mar 3, 2021
Hey All, 23rd June 2020 inland Applicant here.

I haven't received an actual AOR or an OWP yet. So i called IRCC today and the agent told me even though my app is still considered 'prospective', they have deemed it 'complete' (so it hopefully wont be returned), they've started the criminal background check and forwarded my OWP app to the Edmonton Office.

Last edited:

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hey All, 23rd June 2020 inland Applicant here.

I haven't received an actual AOR or an OWP yet. So i called IRCC today and the agent told me even though my app is still considered 'prospective', they have deemed it 'complete' (so it hopefully wont be returned), they've started the criminal background check and forwarded my OWP app to the Edmonton Office.
Hi SA92, are you able to link your app to Gckey or find it on Ecas?

SA92

Mar 3, 2021
Hi SA92, are you able to link your app to Gckey or find it on Ecas?

Unfortunately not (on both systems) as i only have a temp file number, i've tried using my UCI from previous applications but it still cant see/link my pr or owp apps

Last edited:

SA92

Mar 3, 2021
Any other June applicants still waiting on AOR/BIL ? i see some August applicants are starting to receive AORs....

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Did my medical exam today and the doctor said because I take anti depressant medication that there is a small chance they will ask me to take a psychological evaluation just to make sure I’m ok mentally. Really keeping my fingers crossed because this process has been long and daunting as it is. I really do not want to have any complications or wait any longer :(