Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My partner's OWP was approved today. It's valid for 1 year. Is this a new thing as I thought they usually gave you for 2 years?
Has your partner ever held a work permit in the past ?

Sush87

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01.2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
My wife’s Visitor Visa is still in process, can I cancel it?

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Ours got returned, which was incredibly confusing as we were being communicated with and had a app #. Instead of explaining that they had sent it back already, they decided to ghost us and hope we figured it out in our own. Missing option c/proof of employment which we seemed to have just left out on accident or went missing in transit.

Now with my TRV expiration coming up and waiting on a phone call for multiple weeks to regain access to a bank account I need for the bank statements on said trv app. I find myself wondering at my chances of even being allowed to stay now. Honesty is my best chance I guess. Wish me luck in getting a very understanding case worker. Whee. Not giving up. Worked too hard for this. GL people.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Ours got returned, which was incredibly confusing as we were being communicated with and had a app #. Instead of explaining that they had sent it back already, they decided to ghost us and hope we figured it out in our own. Missing option c/proof of employment which we seemed to have just left out on accident or went missing in transit.

Now with my TRV expiration coming up and waiting on a phone call for multiple weeks to regain access to a bank account I need for the bank statements on said trv app. I find myself wondering at my chances of even being allowed to stay now. Honesty is my best chance I guess. Wish me luck in getting a very understanding case worker. Whee. Not giving up. Worked too hard for this. GL people.
So sorry to hear.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Unfortunately these people are already Canadian citizens and don’t think about how it affects people who aren’t and can’t work to support themselves.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019

I'm sorry to hear that.... Are you saying that they lost your proof of employment? That's quite an omission on their end...

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Oh I'm sorry,

I'm sorry to hear this. Im scared of mine getting returned. but I have submitted all, still not safe until I get my COPR.I read return of many applications where their documents were lost in transit.

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that.... Are you saying that they lost your proof of employment? That's quite an omission on their end...
It was more than likely on my end. But the copy we made/kept had it in there. The returned original didnt. Couldve just whiffed it. I've no clue. I'm more frustrated by the misleading communication and being under the impression it was already in process. I wish they had just reached out instead of just disappearing. I couldve easily provided the copy/scan of it. I'm trying my best to do this right, but it's hard when I have no clue what is going on.