+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship covid problems (figured out)

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I found out today that what i was told a few weeks ago was wrong and that i have to try to apply for inland sponsor asap because the trv's are taking 4 months rn and i am really scared that they might tell me to leave or that i will have to leave. My marriage certificate was not received yet and we are worried that once i send in my application it might be too late not sure what to do. I dont want to do anything ilegal is anyone in the same boat right now? Could use some help or support im calling immigration right now with my partner.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
If you apply for an extension on your trv and its still valid you will have implied status while waiting on an answer which should be long enough to wait for the certificate.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I found out today that what i was told a few weeks ago was wrong and that i have to try to apply for inland sponsor asap because the trv's are taking 4 months rn and i am really scared that they might tell me to leave or that i will have to leave. My marriage certificate was not received yet and we are worried that once i send in my application it might be too late not sure what to do. I dont want to do anything ilegal is anyone in the same boat right now? Could use some help or support im calling immigration right now with my partner.
If you are referring to advice you received here on the forum, nothing you were told was wrong. You have several things wrong in your post. As an American, you don't even qualify for a TRV. You are talking about visitor status, which is entirely different. The fact that visitor extensions are taking 4 months doesn't mean you need to apply now. Your status doesn't expire for 3 months. Apply for the extension in August and you will have Implied Status while the app processes.

No offence but you really haven't done the proper research into any of this. Given your age, the short duration of your relationship and the quick marriage, you really should not be rushing into anything to do with immigration.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
If you are referring to advice you received here on the forum, nothing you were told was wrong. You have several things wrong in your post. As an American, you don't even qualify for a TRV. You are talking about visitor status, which is entirely different. The fact that visitor extensions are taking 4 months doesn't mean you need to apply now. Your status doesn't expire for 3 months. Apply for the extension in August and you will have Implied Status while the app processes.

No offence but you really haven't done the proper research into any of this. Given your age, the short duration of your relationship and the quick marriage, you really should not be rushing into anything to do with immigration.
I understand your point of view but with everything going on and certain aspects of our relationship we felt like this was the best move. Im not blaming any information i found on the forum about anything. I understand the nature of our relationship and things going on. we have a problem with my car and honestly i did not expect that. I know i am not that knowledgeable and my age does affect that factor but i meet the requirements to file the inland sponsorship. My relationship is genuine and valid me and my spouse have a shared bank account. We both are very close knit towards each other. I tried to do as much research as i can. Im not trying to call out anyone here. The information i received was from different Canada officials. and everything i have seen here is right and extremely helpful. and i appreciate your answers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand your point of view but with everything going on and certain aspects of our relationship we felt like this was the best move. Im not blaming any information i found on the forum about anything. I understand the nature of our relationship and things going on. we have a problem with my car and honestly i did not expect that. I know i am not that knowledgeable and my age does affect that factor but i meet the requirements to file the inland sponsorship. My relationship is genuine and valid me and my spouse have a shared bank account. We both are very close knit towards each other. I tried to do as much research as i can. Im not trying to call out anyone here. The information i received was from different Canada officials. and everything i have seen here is right and extremely helpful. and i appreciate your answers
Would also encourage you to take out private emergency medical coverage. Most provinces don’t cover spouses.