+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsor with rejected refugee

Juannovoa93

Sep 22, 2019
hello, I was rejected as a refugee on march of this year, right after we submit a common law application, me and my Gf have been living together for 5 years now, the application was send out June 1st of 2019, we received the AOR on June 11,2019. Nothing else has happened since that. I have a valid work permit until November of this year, but i also applied for the OWP.

I dont know what to do now as Immigration give me a date to leave canada in 4 weeks, they told me the application was to new and i can wait out of canada, i don't know if i stay would make my application worst or it would be ok, somebody withe something similar ??

Thanks for any help!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello, I was rejected as a refugee on march of this year, right after we submit a common law application, me and my Gf have been living together for 5 years now, the application was send out June 1st of 2019, we received the AOR on June 11,2019. Nothing else has happened since that. I have a valid work permit until November of this year, but i also applied for the OWP.

I dont know what to do now as Immigration give me a date to leave canada in 4 weeks, they told me the application was to new and i can wait out of canada, i don't know if i stay would make my application worst or it would be ok, somebody withe something similar ??

Thanks for any help!!
Why have you not applied for sponsorship before this if you have been living together for 5 years?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If you don’t leave they can issue a warrant against you. So yeah, the answer is worse.
  • With a Departure Order, you must leave Canada within 30 days after the order takes effect.
    • You must also confirm your departure with the CBSA at your port of exit. If you leave Canada and follow these procedures, you may return to Canada in the future provided you meet the entry requirements at that time.
    • If you leave Canada after 30 days or do not confirm your departure with the CBSA, your Departure Order will automatically become a Deportation Order. In order to return to Canada in the future, you must obtain an Authorization to Return to Canada(ARC).

• If the CBSA paid for your removal from Canada, you must also repay that cost before you are eligible to return.
With a Deportation Order, you are permanently barred from returning to Canada and cannot return unless you apply for an ARC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks for any help!!
As it seems you applied inland, if he is removed from Canada, you will have to withdraw that app and reapply outland.