+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland RP application and work permit

N27

Aug 18, 2009
I am sponsoring my husband for Rp. He is in canada. I am pregnant with our first child. We sent the Work permit along with the PR application. They received the application on May 6 and they started processing it on may 26.09. Right now the status is "in process". My question is how long will it take to get the work permit.? Also We went to the Immigration office . they informed us that they( the Case Processing Centre Vegreville, AB)did not realize that we were applying for the work permit as well, so they separate our applications and they(immigration office) dont know how much longer will take to get the work permit.? we are sick worry bc I am going to have the baby pretty soon and I am going on maternity leave. ( i am working part time now)Our saving account is almost empty. My husband needs to work asap!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

N27 said:
I am sponsoring my husband for Rp. He is in canada. I am pregnant with our first child. We sent the Work permit along with the PR application. They received the application on May 6 and they started processing it on may 26.09. Right now the status is "in process". My question is how long will it take to get the work permit.? Also We went to the Immigration office . they informed us that they( the Case Processing Centre Vegreville, AB)did not realize that we were applying for the work permit as well, so they separate our applications and they(immigration office) dont know how much longer will take to get the work permit.? we are sick worry bc I am going to have the baby pretty soon and I am going on maternity leave. ( i am working part time now)Our saving account is almost empty. My husband needs to work asap!
If he was applying for an open work permit, he will not get it until he reaches Approval in Principle, about 5/6 months into the process.

PMM