AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I sponsored my spouse and we applied inland and it took 1 year 5 months to land, 1 year 8 months to be able to travel again (PR card).

We don't travel a lot in general, but even for us it's a long time she couldn't see her family.

I don't really recommend it personally, and I wish we would have applied outland. But as mentioned above, all things must be considered for your situation.

mmarkovs

Aug 24, 2015
I appreciate everyone's comments. Please confirm/summarize a few things for me.

Inland Application: With this type of app, the benefit is that you can also apply for an open work permit at the same time as submitting the sponsorship app which has an average time of about 4-5 months to be approved. That way, you can work while you are waiting to be given PR status. However, with this app, if you leave the country and are for some reason denied entry, your application will be terminated. This way also takes more time to be approved for PR.

Outland Application: The benefit of this app is that you usually get your PR faster than inland. However, you wont be able to work at all until you receive your PR, which will take at least a year? Also, can you for sure stay in the country while it is being processed? Do you just apply to have your Tourist Visa extended? Would you tell them that you are in process of waiting for outland application when you apply for the extension? However, if you leave the country you can still be denied re entry, althouhg youre application wont be terminated? They will just ask you to leave the country? When would you be able to come back?

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every one
Me and my spouse receive email for AIP last week. They now requested medical and security check for my spouse. My question is that how long it will take from now before we receive final decision and set up the interview or landing which ever applicable.

Please guide me in this regard.

Once they issue us the PR card, is that condition for few years or its for the full 05 years span. We have one baby boy too.

Oak

Aug 20, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Request
21-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
mmarkovs said:
I appreciate everyone's comments. Please confirm/summarize a few things for me.

Inland Application: With this type of app, the benefit is that you can also apply for an open work permit at the same time as submitting the sponsorship app which has an average time of about 4-5 months to be approved. That way, you can work while you are waiting to be given PR status. However, with this app, if you leave the country and are for some reason denied entry, your application will be terminated. This way also takes more time to be approved for PR.

Outland Application: The benefit of this app is that you usually get your PR faster than inland. However, you wont be able to work at all until you receive your PR, which will take at least a year? Also, can you for sure stay in the country while it is being processed? Do you just apply to have your Tourist Visa extended? Would you tell them that you are in process of waiting for outland application when you apply for the extension? However, if you leave the country you can still be denied re entry, althouhg youre application wont be terminated? They will just ask you to leave the country? When would you be able to come back?
Hi,

Yes, you are quite right with the summaries.

Inland Sponsorship: Yes. If you leave the country before the PR application is finalised, even if you have the OWP, you might be denied entry at border and thus the PR application is denied as well. If you are issued with a OWP, there will be a remark at the bottom of the work permit "Pending PR APR".

Outland Sponsorship: Yes, it is generally faster if you submit a COMPLETE and detailed package. If you stayed the entire time in Canada, you will not be issued with an OWP like the Inland Sponsorship. Should you want to stay in the country during the processing stage, you have to ensure you are IN STATUS, which means extending your temporary residence status over and over again until you get a decision from the PR application. The reason for the extension for your temporary residence status can be stated as you are waiting for a decision for the PR application. But, nobody can give you a definite answer whether you will or will not receive the extension every single time you ask for one. Because granting a temporary residence status still have some guidelines to be satisfied, e.g. leaving after the end of the visa and enough funds for stay. If you leave the country, your PR application will not be terminated as you are applying from Outland, but when you re-enter Canada you will still have to satisfy the genuineness of your stay with the border agent. Also, for Outland application, you are able to appeal if you get refused and if you require an interview you will have to go back to the local visa office to attend the interview.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi all,
I m asking for my sister... she is permanent resident here in Canada and going to give birth to a baby soon... her hubby is back home and works in government sector... he will come on visit at the time of baby born... my question is if my sister applied spousal sponsorship for inland then brother in law won't need to go back and will stay here until he gets status... but does he need NOC from his job for immigration purpose... plzzzz help we are so confuse

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Its depend what he want to do with his job
If he want to continue that job than def he will need leave and NOC for that processing time period which should be not less that 1.5 years.

gud luck with him.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
missworld13 said:
Hi all,
I m asking for my sister... she is permanent resident here in Canada and going to give birth to a baby soon... her hubby is back home and works in government sector... he will come on visit at the time of baby born... my question is if my sister applied spousal sponsorship for inland then brother in law won't need to go back and will stay here until he gets status... but does he need NOC from his job for immigration purpose... plzzzz help we are so confuse
If her husband applies for PR inland while visiting and submits his app for OWP at the same time, then he will stay here under implied status for the duration of the PR processing (approx 2 years). This also means he must reside with his wife in Canada during this entire 2 years, so he will probably need to quit his job back home and may not even be able to return home for a visit for the next 2 years.

If he applies for PR outland then he can return home and continue to work until his PR is approved.

The applicant does not require any documents from their previous employers.

mmarkovs

Aug 24, 2015
Oak said:
Hi,

Yes, you are quite right with the summaries.

Inland Sponsorship: Yes. If you leave the country before the PR application is finalised, even if you have the OWP, you might be denied entry at border and thus the PR application is denied as well. If you are issued with a OWP, there will be a remark at the bottom of the work permit "Pending PR APR".

Outland Sponsorship: Yes, it is generally faster if you submit a COMPLETE and detailed package. If you stayed the entire time in Canada, you will not be issued with an OWP like the Inland Sponsorship. Should you want to stay in the country during the processing stage, you have to ensure you are IN STATUS, which means extending your temporary residence status over and over again until you get a decision from the PR application. The reason for the extension for your temporary residence status can be stated as you are waiting for a decision for the PR application. But, nobody can give you a definite answer whether you will or will not receive the extension every single time you ask for one. Because granting a temporary residence status still have some guidelines to be satisfied, e.g. leaving after the end of the visa and enough funds for stay. If you leave the country, your PR application will not be terminated as you are applying from Outland, but when you re-enter Canada you will still have to satisfy the genuineness of your stay with the border agent. Also, for Outland application, you are able to appeal if you get refused and if you require an interview you will have to go back to the local visa office to attend the interview.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.
Thanks Oak, yes thats pretty much what i thought. Im just confused about one thing. So, if she applies inland with the OWP at the same time, and she is then granted the OWP, will this change her "visa" status. Right now she is on a multiple entry visitor visa, so if she were to be granted the OWP, is her multiple entry visa void? If we were to leave the country and come back, would she need to bring the OWP? Is the permit just a piece of paper or is it a stamp or something on the passport? thanks, hope i didnt confuse you lol

IrisSphere

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2015
AOR Received.
30-09-2015
File Transfer...
14-10-2015 AOR2 20-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-18-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2015
LANDED..........
10-11-2015
mmarkovs said:
Thanks Oak, yes thats pretty much what i thought. Im just confused about one thing. So, if she applies inland with the OWP at the same time, and she is then granted the OWP, will this change her "visa" status. Right now she is on a multiple entry visitor visa, so if she were to be granted the OWP, is her multiple entry visa void? If we were to leave the country and come back, would she need to bring the OWP? Is the permit just a piece of paper or is it a stamp or something on the passport? thanks, hope i didnt confuse you lol
I can't help with whether or not this changes her visa status, but I know that a work permit is a piece of paper that typically states at the bottom "does not guarantee re-entry". My husband has a Postgraduate work permit since he did his MBA in Canada, and it says that exact thing. So technically he shouldn't have an issue entering the country, but it doesn't guarantee anything..