+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland quebec delay 27 months

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
These are for new applications that just started. Since you already started yours, it shouldn't be another 25 months. (well as of today inland in Quebec is 25 months). [The thing is, Quebec limits their immigrants in the sponsorship category. So even if they approve with CSQ, then IRCC needs to have available spots to accept them if they are in Quebec. So unfair when you think the rest of Canada is 10 months.

QUOTE="cindyti, post: 10520232, member: 1130098"]
Hi,

I got sponsored and the papers were received in February 2022. Now I've been waiting for 16 months. I have completed all the steps medical, biometric since March 2022. I receive my CSQ in june 2022. Since august 2022 nothing has changed I am still waiting for the background check. I saw on their website that the processing times have changed from 14 months to 27 months. do you think this applies to all applications? or only the news?

Thank you
[/QUOTE]

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
Yes, it's possible you may have to wait 27 months. However we have also seen some cases processed faster. It's hard to guess. You should complain to your member of the Quebec provincial government about the caps that Quebec has imposed which have created this terrible situation. Good luck.
Is moving to a different province (say Ontario) and applying from there a viable option? And if so is there a caveat of sort - you have to move and live for x-number of months or one has to remain there throughout the entire process?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is moving to a different province (say Ontario) and applying from there a viable option? And if so is there a caveat of sort - you have to move and live for x-number of months or one has to remain there throughout the entire process?
There are no specific requirements in that respect. But you should consider that they'd basically want to see real indication you reside in Ontario (eg dirver's license and the like). And yes - you have to remain resident there until the spouse lands and becomes a PR.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As I've pointed out there is not fix requirement of how many months you will be OK. Yes you will need to wait till the entire process is done and more. (note requirement of being covered by OHIP when you first moved into Ontario)
Since so many of you that have an application currently in Quebec are asking similar questions, I see a lot of people will try to "move out of Quebec" to get their PRs. And then quickly move back. If Quebec/Ontario doesn't have any policy now, they may have something/some kind of checking to deal with this issue.

So if this wait is really making you to remove away from Quebec to live in a different province, that's something to consider.
But do not try to "trick the system" and just "move out"/change address.

Reactions: armoured