App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Hoping to get some insight on our most recent development.

Most recently when my American husband came to Canada via land border he was pulled in for questioning. He answered all questions, showed proof of return flight and banking info showing that he is employed in the states. He does not own a home in the US and the cbsa agent informed him that his ties to the US are weak. She allowed him entry and told him that next time he will need to provide a stronger case for his ties to the US to be allowed entry again.

We have been putting paperwork together for Inland application and OWP for the past few months and have decided that now would be the best time to submit. My questions are:

1. Will it be an issue if he stays past the date that he originally stated at the border? (But not past the 6 months he is allowed as an American without the proper extensions)

2. Could this have any negative impacts on our Inland application? Should we apply Outland instead?

I may be overthinking this...but this most recent visit border crossing had got my anxiety through the roof.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. No, provided he doesn't overstay the 6 months or any other time frame imposed via a visitor record or stamp in the passport.

2. No, it won't.

However:

If he leaves Canada and attempts to return again, he may have issues. If you apply inland and he leaves and is denied re-entry, the application is effectively abandoned.

Reactions: lacey

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
1. No, provided he doesn't overstay the 6 months or any other time frame imposed via a visitor record or stamp in the passport.

2. No, it won't.

However:

If he leaves Canada and attempts to return again, he may have issues. If you apply inland and he leaves and is denied re-entry, the application is effectively abandoned.
He was planning to go to the US once he receives OWP to get his vehicle as he is from Texas and flew in to buffalo airport where I picked him up this time. Will him having an OWP and active Inland application in process guarantee him re entry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He was planning to go to the US once he receives OWP to get his vehicle as he is from Texas and flew in to buffalo airport where I picked him up this time. Will him having an OWP and active Inland application in process guarantee him re entry?
He also can’t appear to be moving permanently to Canada so he could not move all his stuff to Canada if he goes to get his truck.

Reactions: lacey

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nothing guarantees him entry and as he has already been warned by CBSA, he is flagged and can expect to be sent to secondary every entry. He should not plan to leave Canada at all during the PR process unless he applies outland and is OK to stay out of Canada until PR approval if refused re-entry.

Reactions: lacey and k.h.p.