+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland OWP + PR application incomplete. Has not arrivd in mail!

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019
Hi folks,
So my OWP + PR application package was received on August 19 via courier. I hadn't received my AOR yet and was getting concerned, so I called CIC this morning. They say my application was marked as incomplete and sent back on the Sept 20. That's 20 days ago and I have not received anything in the mail. My current open work permit expires on November 24.

I am extremely worrried and concerned as to why I have not received my package back yet, the CIC agent told me there is no tracking. I went to the post offic and they said they haven't receivd anything and cant look anything up with no number.

I guess I just want some guidance on what to do from here? I am right now filling out a paper TRV application form that I can hopefully send today and at least stall out the process while my package hopefully arrives but, what if it doesn't? Is it possible its just lost forever? Is the postal service really busy right now?

I am pretty stressed out and upset at the whole situation and would like to know what to do :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks,
So my OWP + PR application package was received on August 19 via courier. I hadn't received my AOR yet and was getting concerned, so I called CIC this morning. They say my application was marked as incomplete and sent back on the Sept 20. That's 20 days ago and I have not received anything in the mail. My current open work permit expires on November 24.

I am extremely worrried and concerned as to why I have not received my package back yet, the CIC agent told me there is no tracking. I went to the post offic and they said they haven't receivd anything and cant look anything up with no number.

I guess I just want some guidance on what to do from here? I am right now filling out a paper TRV application form that I can hopefully send today and at least stall out the process while my package hopefully arrives but, what if it doesn't? Is it possible its just lost forever? Is the postal service really busy right now?

I am pretty stressed out and upset at the whole situation and would like to know what to do :(
Would change your status to visitor a day before your OWP runs out unless you qualify to extend.

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019
Would change your status to visitor a day before your OWP runs out unless you qualify to extend.
Does this mean sending a paper application or online? If i do it a day before my OWP runs out, isn't that cutting it a bit close to the deadline?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi folks,

You are not going to like this, but yes, it's possible that the application package is complely lost. Canada Post is not considered as totally reliable.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi folks,

Visitor extension, not a TRV. They are very different things. It's too early to submit a visitor extension app. Wait until closer to work permit expiry.

Reactions: HomeBaked

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019
Visitor extension, not a TRV. They are very different things. It's too early to submit a visitor extension app. Wait until closer to work permit expiry.
Okay thank you. If I could just bother you with a few more questions, what timeframe do you suggest for submitting the visitor extension? Am I correct in saying that once my visitor extension application is submitted I will be under implied vistor status until it is approved? And in the meantime I am able to resend my original PR and OWP application and wait while not working until a decision is made? Thanks agan for your time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay thank you. If I could just bother you with a few more questions, what timeframe do you suggest for submitting the visitor extension? Am I correct in saying that once my visitor extension application is submitted I will be under implied vistor status until it is approved? And in the meantime I am able to resend my original PR and OWP application and wait while not working until a decision is made? Thanks agan for your time.
I would send the visitor extension a few days before your current status expires. You can then remain in Canada without working until your OWP is approved.