Canada
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
12-01-2021
AOR Received.
10-01-2022
Hi Guys,
I am in dilemma, I am working in NOC C job since 05 months & my owp is expiring next month 25th Oct. Company policy is to atleast work 06 months before applying for NB-PNP program. They advise me to extend wp myself and will provide documentation needed which will put me in implied status.
I would like to know few things
1. Is LMIA needed to extend owp when its expiring and what else documents is needed?
2. my spouse is on pgwp so for her can i change to owp or will it be visitor visa if i apply together?

Anyone applied in similar situations?

Appreciate ur response. Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
So you're on an OWP based on your spouse's PGWP? To get another work permit you probably need an LMIA unless there's some exemption I'm unfamiliar with, or you're going through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot.

The employer needs to prove no Canadians are available to do your job which will be difficult if it is an NOC C position. Your spouse would also be unable to get an OWP based on an NOC C work permit. It would be a lot easier if you went through NB PNP now.

kashif.raza001

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
12-01-2021
AOR Received.
10-01-2022
Thanks for your reply,Employer is unwilling to help a month early,although my trying my best.
I had another question will my owp be changed to close wp afterwards.And from the link below it shows employer must provider either provide lmia or offer of employment. And since i am on owp it says employer doesnt need to pay compliance fee or submit an offer of employment. Any idea?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/extend-permit.html

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You probably need an LMIA as I said. The compliance fee is only if you are LMIA-exempt. The LMIA fee is higher.