Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the difference between inland and outland applications ...I was under the impression that inland meant your spouse or S/O was in Canada with you and outland meant your spouse was applying from his home country ...but what i keep reading in this forum confuses the heck out of me ...My spouse is in the UK and I'm in Canada so we are applying outland ...good lord I hope I haven't confused myself to the point of being totally helpless ??? :-\ ;D

R

robrod

I suggest you read the Sponsorship guides on CIC's website.
Or the Spousal Sponsorship thread right here (the one at top of all the threads beautifully done by Leon).

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If your spouse is in the UK, it's the overseas (outland) app you need, so don't get too confused. But here's an overview:

http://immipedia.ca/Overseas_vs_In_Canada

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Gotcha and thank you ...i was reading both Leons thread about sponsorship and the link you posted and both were very helpful ...sometimes, when you think you know all that you gotta know, theres more to learn ...glad i didnt fall asleep at the wheel lol ...

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shykitten said:
...sometimes, when you think you know all that you gotta know, theres more to learn ...glad i didnt fall asleep at the wheel lol ...
True. I didn't even realise you could file an outside Canada application if you were in Canada until after I sent away my application. You live and learn.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_777 said:
u have to file outside even if u are in canada
Do you want to explain what you mean?

Because, unless I completely misunderstand your meaning, you are not correct.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The difference between inland and outland is how they are processed as well as where they are processed.

When your spouse lives outside Canada or wants to be going back and forth, you should apply outland.

If your spouse is staying with you in Canada, you have a choice of inland or outland. It depends on your situation which suits you better.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
shykitten said:
This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the difference between inland and outland applications ...I was under the impression that inland meant your spouse or S/O was in Canada with you and outland meant your spouse was applying from his home country ...but what i keep reading in this forum confuses the heck out of me ...My spouse is in the UK and I'm in Canada so we are applying outland ...good lord I hope I haven't confused myself to the point of being totally helpless ??? :-\ ;D
If your spouse lives outside of Canada, you have to apply outland. If your spouse is living with you in Canada, you can apply inland or outland. CIC states that a spouse living with you in Canada should apply inland; the reason many people on this forum apply outland even when the spouses are living together in Canada is because the spouse is just 'visiting' Canada. If the spouse is just visiting you in Canada, even if they stay for 6 months or longer, they can then apply outland if they want. Outland is generally faster, you can appeal, and you can leave Canada if you need to.

Reactions: DiiDii

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I am in Canada and my spouse is in Australia. We have been doing an Outland application. Am I still able to mail it to Ontario or does it need to be sent to the a visa office in Australia?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I am in Canada and my spouse is in Australia. We have been doing an Outland application. Am I still able to mail it to Ontario or does it need to be sent to the a visa office in Australia?
Neither...Read the guide in it's entirety. Read the sponsorship thread at the very top of the forum for a quick run down. But ultimately read the guide then come back and ask questions if you have more.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Neither...Read the guide in it's entirety. Read the sponsorship thread at the very top of the forum for a quick run down. But ultimately read the guide then come back and ask questions if you have more.
What I’m not understanding is where I would submit my application. I thought I would just be able to mail in in Canada but from what I’m reading it might need to go to Australia?

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
What I’m not understanding is where I would submit my application. I thought I would just be able to mail in in Canada but from what I’m reading it might need to go to Australia?
It's in the guide for sure it tells you where to send it, I suggest reading through the whole thing so you don't get your app sent back for lack of documentation or something. Outland applications are sent to Sydney, NS

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Perhaps you mistook Sydney, NS (as in Novascotia- Canada) with Sydney Australia? anyway Just read the guide and use the address shown on the guide.