+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland

STCVer

Apr 10, 2013
You can, as long as you will meet your RO by the time your PR card is up for renewal.
Great. My renewal would be in May 2023. I am currently in US but planning to move around Jan to Canada. I am hoping with that I will be able to satisfy the RO of 2 years.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Great. My renewal would be in May 2023. I am currently in US but planning to move around Jan to Canada. I am hoping with that I will be able to satisfy the RO of 2 years.
You need to be in Canada for 2 years ( 730 days ) within 5 years of your landing date. You will need to do your own calculation. The longer you wait to settle in Canada, you will have less "room" to do short trips to US.

PR card expirey has nothing to do with RO.

Reactions: mashulia_26

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You need to be in Canada for 2 years ( 730 days ) within 5 years of your landing date. You will need to do your own calculation. The longer you wait to settle in Canada, you will have less "room" to do short trips to US.

PR card expirey has nothing to do with RO.
No, but the first five year period is roughly delimited by the validity period of the first PR card, and PR card renewal requires RO compliance.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
No, but the first five year period is roughly delimited by the validity period of the first PR card, and PR card renewal requires RO compliance.
Not really, I see some people getting their PR cards 3-6 months after the landing date so they would actually be short by 3-6 months on RO if they follow the PR card expiration date.

Reactions: YVR123