24-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
Hi Guys~!
So glad to find this forum, thanks for all of your help, I've found all of your posts extremely helpful ^^

I'm just wondering if someone can give me their opinion about this.

I'm Canadian and my husband is Korean, we've been married for 2 years, and our relationship is totally normal (first marriage, close in age, dating since 2006). We have a LOT of evidence, and a very neatly completed application. We're planning to go back to Canada in August, to settle there for a while. I'm wondering if he should apply for PR outland, at the Seoul office, (and risk coming back for an interview, but have it all done with in a quicker period of time), and stay in Canada as a "visitor" until it's finished, then leave to the USA and come back in with his card (we plan to send the application from Canada as soon as we arrive home if we do it this way) The Seoul office average time is 6 months.

or

Would it be better to apply INLAND and do the whole process over a longer period of time, and be "stuck" in Canada for up to 2 years, without being able to safely go in and out of the country.

What do you guys think?

Thanks so much!!! :)

bobae11

May 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
oh! and also wondering, if we do decide to send the outland application from canada, should he have his medical exam in korea, right before we leave? or is it possible to do it in Canada, even though it's an outland application? Will it make a difference at immigration when we arrive next month, if we apply for his PR before we leave Korea, or should we wait and do it once we arrive in Canada?

I

iarblue

Is he from north or south?North needs a visa south does not.And your decision may be made as if he comes as a visitor is he going to get into Canada.View the pages on the website under visit it will explain everything about coming to visit,as he is coming with you and you say he is coming here to stay while the process is in he may be sent home.And i would apply outland and have his medical done there as there is no quarantees he will get into Canada.
Its a costly mistake to both fly here and find out once you get to immigration they send him back home.There are many threads on here about this exact topic some have gotten in no problems others were sent home.

bobae11

May 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
He's from South Korea, and he doesn't need a visa to visit Canada, up to 6 months. I'm not really worried that he won't make it into Canada, since we visit Canada often together and never have a problem... Just wondering which would be the best option.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually outland is the better option. As a Canadian citizen, you can actually start sponsorship now if you show some plans to move to Canada once he gets his PR. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that if he is in Canada on visitor status and wishes to stay longer than 6 months, you need to apply to extend before he goes out of status. They would like you to apply 1 month before his visit status expires.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Outland sounds better in your situation. He shouldn't have any trouble getting in, since he's done it before with no trouble.

bobae11

May 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010