+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland or outland?

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
PixieDuster said:
Just wanted to add about the Inland that I've learned (my husband and I originally applied inland, then withdrew and reapplied outland) - if you are looking at applying inland through the Spousal Sponsorship, it isn't until the SA that one can apply for OWP. HOWEVER... if you submit an OWP application with your inland application, you will have what is called 'implied status' meaning that your work permit will remain valid until a decision is made.

I'm not sure what the 'pilot OWP' is... but I know that right now, just the inland Sponsorship Approval process is taking almost 2 years. So there's that.

For us, it worked best Outland, but that's because Spain is a visa-exempt country. I would recommend poking your head into the Ankara thread (if there is one) or checking out the spreadsheets to see what wait times are like for that office. The numbers found on this forum tend to be much more helpful than the CIC website!
Actually with inland you can now get an OWP within 4 months of submitting the application so you no longer have to wait for AIP. This is the pilot program people are talking about.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Well, "4 months" - some are getting it within 4 months, others are waiting longer. Seems to be an aspirational 4 months but not a solid 4 months.