+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or outland??

kosha

Jun 10, 2011
Hi all

I am very much confused about what to do and how to do my application..The thing is that My bf is a canadian citizen and I am here in canada on student visa..We are planning to get married now..I just read everywhere that inland sponsorship application processing time is about 19 months while outland processing time is just about 8 months ..Now, what should we do?

Can it happen that we both get married over here, stay together here and file an outland application for sponsorhip..If we do so, they would we require to go back to India to get police verification or medical examination??

OR if we get married here and file an inland application, what time would it take??

And the third thing is getting married in India and then file and inland or outland application, what is the best option..We both dont want to live apart....Please suggest me something..

Any experienced persons, plz guide me in the right direction...

Thank You

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kosha said:
Hi all

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

I am very much confused about what to do and how to do my application..The thing is that My bf is a canadian citizen and I am here in canada on student visa..We are planning to get married now..I just read everywhere that inland sponsorship application processing time is about 19 months while outland processing time is just about 8 months ..Now, what should we do?

Inland is about 19 months, but outland depends on your Visa Office. First stage outland takes about 3 months, and the second part depends on the VO. Assuming that you will go through New Delhi ( if you are an Indian citizen), then it is an additional 8 months in your case. Some people get done faster than 8 months, for some it is more - but you are looking at 11 months more or less, if you have a straight forward case.

Can it happen that we both get married over here, stay together here and file an outland application for sponsorhip..If we do so, they would we require to go back to India to get police verification or medical examination??

you can get married, and file an outland application while staying in Canada, but in that case you need to be able to maintain your legal status in Canada. So if you still have 12 months visa after you get married, then it is a possibility. If you are not from a visa-exempt country (India is not, I don't know if you have a second passport), it will be difficult to get a tourist visa once your student visa has expired. Being married doesn't give you any extra right to a visa. In fact it might get more difficult to get a visitor visa because you are married to a Canadian citizen and the government will be afraid that you won't leave at the end.

OR if we get married here and file an inland application, what time would it take?? difficult to say - inland application are about 19 months, see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp you also need to have a valid status in Canada to file inland.

And the third thing is getting married in India and then file and inland or outland application, what is the best option..We both dont want to live apart....Please suggest me something.. if your visa expires, you might not have a choice - you might have to file outland, which is faster anyway, but you might have to go back to India and wait until your PR is approved. best option depends on a lot of other factors - how long is your student visa still, etc, and in the end - you have to make the decision.

Any experienced persons, plz guide me in the right direction...

good luck - maybe somebody else will contribute with more information.

Cheers,
Sweden

Thank You

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey, I'm here on visitor visa i have been for almost 5 months, with my husband we got married over here, our paperwork are almost done for PR, i will apply for extension, will i get it or not?? what should i say about the reasons of the extension ?? I'm really confused..we filed outland application i just still need medical examination, can i get it over here?? please help me I'm so worried thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey,

it is difficult to know if you will get an extension, only CIC can tell you that. You have nothing to loose by applying, as you can not over stay your visa anyway, so apply...

medical - you can get it from anywhere, as long as the doctor in on the CIC list. When you go there, bring the appendix C form, and the doctor will give you back one copy, that you include in your application, the rest will be sent directly to your VO (and wait for your file there, once the sponsorship is approved).

here is the lsit of the DMP from CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx and follow the procedure there.

Good luck,
Sweden

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most people who are already in Canada and have applied for sponsorship already are granted an extension because unlike being in India and trying to get a visa from there where they think you may overstay, if you are already in Canada, giving you an extension does not make you any more likely to ovestay because you are already in Canada, you could already overstay if you were planning on it. However, you need to be clear on that you or your spouse has money or income to support you without you working illegally and that you have some type of health insurance that will cover you for emergencies and accidents.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
I will most likely be inland when I file mine. So this is great info. Will I have to submit my passport to either the US or Canada? Can I stay in Canada if I have to at any point? As with common-law I have to remain residing with him except for short allowances.