+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland?

Lynnekovan

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It's now been 90 days since I sent my application to sponsor my husband for PR in Canada. I haven't heard anything from them, not even a reference number so I can track my progress. We are moving to Halifax in September, so my husband will go in as a visitor to start with. Does this then make our application inland, as opposed to outland which it started as? I realise I will need to inform them of our change of address etc, but just don't want this to slow or hinder the process, if indeed there is any process going on with our case!

Thanks for any advice,

Lynne

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Lynnekovan said:
Hi,

It's now been 90 days since I sent my application to sponsor my husband for PR in Canada. I haven't heard anything from them, not even a reference number so I can track my progress. We are moving to Halifax in September, so my husband will go in as a visitor to start with. Does this then make our application inland, as opposed to outland which it started as? I realise I will need to inform them of our change of address etc, but just don't want this to slow or hinder the process, if indeed there is any process going on with our case!

Thanks for any advice,

Lynne
hi lynne
in your case first stage(sponsorship approval) is taking longer because you are not living in Canada for a long time but i hope you hear some good news soon. in our case sponsor was outside Canada for only 9 months and it took 100 days for sponsorship approval. you are still under normal processing time , dont get panic. your husband can enter canada anytime after first stage approval but not before that and your application will be still outland. if you are planning to move in september, hopefully you will receive his PR till then.
BTW are you from Halifax?? have you been there before ?we are also moving to Halifax
good luck :)

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
There are quite a few of Feb applicants who have gone well over the 90 day processing time. You should be hearing something very shortly!

Your application doesn't change to inland if he relocates to Canada. If he filled outland, it says outland. So don't worry about that =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Lynnekovan,

if your husband is from an visa-exempt country, then it should not be a problem. If you have been approved as a sponsor before you move, take the proof of that at the border and your husband should be given a tourist visa without troubles.

I will be doing the same - hopefully get the sponsorship approval in June/july, and then moving to Canada in the end of september, with or without PR, and wait it out there..

But you should be much closer, as it is already 90 days for your sponsorship, you will probably hear from them very soon - good luck with the waiting...

For the second part - of course it depends on your VO - where is your file going to be sent to?

Sweden

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Where would your husband be coming from? I ask because the below stated he cannot come in until after sponsorship approval. However, i came as a visitor prior to sponsorship approval and it was no problem. But that is just my experience.

ashunandal said:
hi lynne
in your case first stage(sponsorship approval) is taking longer because you are not living in Canada for a long time but i hope you hear some good news soon. in our case sponsor was outside Canada for only 9 months and it took 100 days for sponsorship approval. you are still under normal processing time , dont get panic. your husband can enter canada anytime after first stage approval but not before that and your application will be still outland. if you are planning to move in september, hopefully you will receive his PR till then.
BTW are you from Halifax?? have you been there before ?we are also moving to Halifax
good luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
muffy1 said:
Where would your husband be coming from? I ask because the below stated he cannot come in until after sponsorship approval. However, i came as a visitor prior to sponsorship approval and it was no problem. But that is just my experience.
oh really :eek: :eek: :eek: my husband is from India, he needs a visa to enter canada. i think you are from a visa exempt country but still i heard from many people here on this forum that they got refused at the entry port because of their PR application in process. they suggest to wait for sponsorship approval.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that, really. I guess I must have been lucky. I have never had any problems (knock on wood) and just assumed, with proper documentation, etc, especially for US citizens there would not be much of a hassle.

ashunandal said:
oh really :eek: :eek: :eek: my husband is from India, he needs a visa to enter canada. i think you are from a visa exempt country but still i heard from many people here on this forum that they got refused at the entry port because of their PR application in process. they suggest to wait for sponsorship approval.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
muffy1 said:
Yes, I just heard a week or so ago from only one source (and waiting to read of others' experience) that this the new and COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE way of doing it . . . come as a 'visitor' and apply from within Canada. How new, or since when I don't know.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
Where are these people? I've been on this forum for 4 years and it is NOT common for a person from a visa exempt country to be refused entry at the border because of a PR application in process. In fact, anyone trying this should bring proof that they submitted the PR application. Even if CBSA gives you a hassle at the border standard practice is still to let you in, especially if you can prove ties to your home country like a job or other assets.

Lynnekovan

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband has British nationality, and should be fine coming in as a visitor for 6 months. I know others who have done so.