+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland? Help please

zarsco

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. I am at a crossroad trying to figure out whether or not to apply Inland or Outland. I used the CIC time estimate tool and both says a wait time of 12 months. Can someone please breakdown the step by step process for both Inland and Outland applications. BTW I am in Canada now but will still like to see the process for either or.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what is your country of citizenship?

zarsco

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
what is your country of citizenship?
I am from the Turks and Caicos Islands (British Overseas Territory Citizen) and if I am not in Canada I am there. Because I am a Turks and Caicos Islander we are allowed to have British Citizenship so I also have a UK passport (British Citizen) my Turks and Caicos Passport has expired so I was planning on using my UK passport for the application. I know i must be confusing the hell out of you sorry :) Any help on what you think I should do would be soooo helpful. I would like to do the quickest option if that is even possible :)

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
zarsco said:
I am from the Turks and Caicos Islands (British Overseas Territory Citizen) and if I am not in Canada I am there. Because I am a Turks and Caicos Islander we are allowed to have British Citizenship so I also have a UK passport (British Citizen) my Turks and Caicos Passport has expired so I was planning on using my UK passport for the application. I know i must be confusing the hell out of you sorry :) Any help on what you think I should do would be soooo helpful. I would like to do the quickest option if that is even possible :)
From your country of citizen, It is much faster to apply outland. Although all processing time set to 12 months, outland processing is still faster till now. We are not sure how inland might turn out though.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
zarsco said:
Outland is probably still going to be faster, but there's no way to know for sure. If you have no reason to apply inland (for the work permit) then just apply outland.

zarsco

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquakitty said:
Outland is probably still going to be faster, but there's no way to know for sure. If you have no reason to apply inland (for the work permit) then just apply outland.
Well I wasn't going to apply for the OWP but from what I am hearing is that it is the fastest way for me to obtain my SIN. Everyone is saying it takes about 4 months to receive the OWP. Is the OWP hard to get? Or does it have a high approval rate?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
zarsco said:
Well I wasn't going to apply for the OWP but from what I am hearing is that it is the fastest way for me to obtain my SIN. Everyone is saying it takes about 4 months to receive the OWP. Is the OWP hard to get? Or does it have a high approval rate?
If you have a valid permit before applying, then you are most likely to be approved. So far everyone gets it. They have been some delays though, but very rare. Just organize your application well.

zarsco

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lashen said:
If you have a valid permit before applying, then you are most likely to be approved. So far everyone gets it. They have been some delays though, but very rare. Just organize your application well.
I have never had any type of permit before do you think that would be an issue? I have a UK passport and I enter as a visitor always. This is the first time actually going to apply for the OWP and PR.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
zarsco said:
I have never had any type of permit before do you think that would be an issue? I have a UK passport and I enter as a visitor always. This is the first time actually going to apply for the OWP and PR.
I mean you should have a valid visa or permit. In your case you can submit your application before your authorized stay ends. Or extend before applying.

zarsco

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lashen said:
I mean you should have a valid visa or permit. In your case you can submit your application before your authorized stay ends. Or extend before applying.
Thanks for the great advise!